Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motoconcha

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Motoconcha

I haven't yet met a woman in this country who will cut a man's hair, but I finally did meet a female motoconcha. She was bringing back my lady when she had gone to buy groceries alone. My lady also said it was he first female she had met driving a motorcycle taxi. Progress? Right?
    Der Fish

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    I haven't yet met a woman in this country who will cut a man's hair, but I finally did meet a female motoconcha. She was bringing back my lady when she had gone to buy groceries alone. My lady also said it was he first female she had met driving a motorcycle taxi. Progress? Right?
    Der Fish
    I know of a few motochoncas in the capitol. They mainly just take kids to and from school.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had my hair cut by a lady several times, one was a lady from Spain who would be here only know and then, and another is a Dominican salon owner who did a good job but wouldn't stop talking about some pyramid style selling business that I should join and I stopped going.

I see more and more women on scooters but haven't seen motoconchas yet.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Only women cut my hair....

I always thought a motoconcha was a good idea but may be too risky unless they just served women & other children

5. Dislikes drSix disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen a montoconcha, but I did enjoy a ride in a carrito publico with a woman driver.....pretty safe and she even put the air con on.....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Had my hair trimmed once at the salon in the former Barcelo in Playa Dorada. The Dominican lady spoke English well did an excellent job. I got the impression men dropping in for a haircut was a rare thing. Judging by the number of sophisticated haircuts I've seen on men around the large DR towns, there are probably women cutting men's hair. I gave her the same tip I give my hair cutter back in Canada. Anytime I walked by after that I got a big smile and a warm hello.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There is the occasional man in the salón I use. All the stylists are women, so obviously they will cut men's hair.

The men I have seen there, however, are from the higher strata of society - I know them and their wives from my work, and they are from the families that live in Bayardo, have their names on signs all around Puerto Plata and mingle with dv8's inlaws.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If she was hot looking she would do very well.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

moto concha that is.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Moto's scare the hell out of me and I've been riding motorcycles for almost 50 years. However, I could be tempted to hire one with a good looking female driver, assuming she would let me wrap my arms around her to stay safe. Lol !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast