Bus transportation

strasser

Jan 8, 2002
I going to Santo Domingo. Is there bus service from the airport to the city and then can I get a bus to Puerto Plata? And what is the basic fare? Thanks

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No

Yes, about RD$100.00

You will have to take a taxi from the airport to either metro or Caribe Tours. Negociate the fare BEFORE you get in the Taxi..
Be firm, not rude.
The bus companies have bus service at least on the hour, and are comfortable and quiet. Take a jacket since the a/c is ice cold.

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You will need to take a taxi from airport to SD. Fare used to be RD$250. but that is old info. No doubt there will be a post with current info.

Very good bus service from SD to PP. Both Metro and Caribe Tours run buses. I don't know Metro schedule, but Caribe Tours has buses hourly from very early in the morning to early evening. The fare on Caribe Tours is RD$100/person. I'm sure Metro fare is about the same. These two lines are competitors.

The Metro and Caribe Tours buses are modern and comfortable. If anything, they are sometimes too chilly from the airconditioning. When I travel, I generally keep a sweater or long sleeve shirt handy so that I can put it on over whatever else I am wearing to keep warm.

Enjoy your visit.