Building in North coast Cabarete/Sosua : construction cost

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Hi All,

Already saw some great information on this site but some quite old.

Wandering what is the current construction cost in the Cabarete/Sosua area.
Understand about finish makes huge a difference.More interested in getting the cost range for "non gringo"
that I don't really see on real estates or gated community web-sites.

Any examples with pictures will be well appreciated.

Thank you

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Look for something built its cheaper then building now...with recession from 7 yrs ago prices down dramatically.....cheaper then building... Just saying! Material prices are high labour cheap ...on cheap I guess @ $200 sq meter... But it's like asking how long is a piece of string........ It's what to you is finished and acceptable finish ...and do you have a Plummer claiming to be maestro $200 goals Easily goes to $400-$600 so do realistic calculations ...and almost everyone I talked to got screwed somewhere down the line in DR building from scratch..its nature of beast .. Goodluck

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I agree that buying an existing property is a better deal. Construction costs vary widely and it really is not possible to come up with easy answers.

Bermudian

Jun 6, 2006
I have a few questions for those who may know,
Planning on building soon and have tentatively acquired a "maestro" who has quoted his fee as 10% of the total cost to build. Cost to build = what exactly? Labor + materials? If I build using expensive windows that cost say $500 each (for example) as opposed to cheaper windows that cost say $200 each would the maestro get 10% of the cost of each window regardless of the cost of such window? What if window co. install the windows?

Thanks in advance...

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Construction materials: always buy yourself

I have a few questions for those who may know,
Planning on building soon and have tentatively acquired a "maestro" who has quoted his fee as 10% of the total cost to build. Cost to build = what exactly? Labor + materials? If I build using expensive windows that cost say $500 each (for example) as opposed to cheaper windows that cost say $200 each would the maestro get 10% of the cost of each window regardless of the cost of such window? What if window co. install the windows?

From my experience, I would never again make a deal with "materials included".

If you have materials included, don't be suprised about plastering coming off the wall soon or you have to repaint after the first year.

This way you save on commissions and and protect yourself from low quality.
To minimize theft from construction site, only get the materials delivered on time when they are needed.

The ferreterias offer special discounts for construction projects.
You make a volume agreement for the basics (cement, blocks, steel) and get delivered on demand.

For the windows:
Make a price just for labour to install them and buy the windows yourself.

Alexander

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
i used a guy on the north coast
10% maestro fee
plus
350$ a metre2 (2002) this included cost of material+labour+his PROFIT

so its $385 a metre2

If his intials are E.P....use him...honest, reliable