Police Afraid Of Some Barrios In Santiago

Feb 7, 2007
Law enforcement no-go zones are everywhere, Europe, USA, Latin America ... would not surprise me at all if some were / are in the DR as well.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Law enforcement no-go zones are everywhere, Europe, USA, Latin America ... would not surprise me at all if some were / are in the DR as well.

Baltimore has a section that is baracaded the streets and the signs read. Warning enter this area at your own risk. no police protection beyond this point. Amasing for the U.S I went beyond and found no problems. The world is changing !

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Apparently they were afraid to go in these barrios, Cienfuegos, Camboya, Yaguita del Ejido and Yaguita del Pastor.
I say fire the cowards and bring back the Cascos Blancos and clean house

Nothing new, since I was a child there are some ghettos where cops will skip a 911 call.

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Anyone know if they go in to Ensanche Bermudez?

Yes they do, Ensanche Bermudez is one of the hoods of my town where streets drug dealers are very common
but other than that is not too bad...
Also there is a small police station on Calle 2 esquina 15...

JJ

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I think this is mostly bs. Its no secret to anyone who's ever lived
in a barrio, most if not all drug spots are controlled by the local PN.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
There are many and numerous police patrols in Cienfuegos. We have motor-bike police who pass our school three-four times a day and the pickup trucks pass by fairly frequently and we are in no-mans land (la bendicion, Los solares, la emboscada, ciudad satellite). They come when we call. However, they no longer respond to calls about violence in certain spots and they don't enter la Mosca and rare to see them in la pina or la cacata. I don t think it's fear, it's just not worth the risk --- you
Might show up to help a battered woman and SHE shoots the cop.