body surf

jeanette

Feb 2, 2002
OK, so what are the best hotel beaches for body surfing. I am considering both Punta Cana (Iberostar, Gran Paradise Bavaro) and La Romana - Iberostar as the hotel but would like to have a beach with good surf. I have read that some are reef protected. I do not want calm waters. My sons are really into boarding and would like to be able to have that activity. Thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
None of the hotels you are mentioning has any surf for body surfing. If you like good waves head north to the beaches of Playa Grande, Cabarete or Samana (Cozon and Punta Bonita beaches). For information on these destinations, check out the sidebar at the Travel Page index at http://dr1.com/travel/index.shtml

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
in PC you can body surf in front of LTI Sol de Plata Beach Resort. sometimes there are some waves also in front of Bavaro Princess and Flamenco.
Forget Iberostar for body surf. Grand Paradise is located in the same area of LTI, so i think there are waves over there too. I havent been there yet. this is a new resort.

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I tried body surfing once, but my girlfriend at the time didn't like my footprints on her back.