Cheap fares from Jet Blue

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Just booked Jet blue 99 one way to SDQ from JFK....125 return on some dates..more expensive on others

what dates, later in August like 24 > ?

Just be aware those are the ZERO checked Luggage Fares.. just Fyi...
1 bag , the min seems to be $114, not much difference..
but just dont book the flight for $99 , thinking you can check 1 regular bag.
cuz then they will stick it to you when you arrive for check in on the date of the flight.
they getting sneaky now..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
It's only 20 to check a suitcase. No big deal, considering how low the fare is.

IF you buy a $99 ticket and then you arrive at the Airport with a Zero check in ticket , they will THEN only charge you $20, ? are you sure..
and 15 is still better than 20, no ?

my caution was just so people get no bad surprises at the airport.. not about the $15 extra..
but maybe they will just let you check in a suitcase for $20.. which is ODD though to me
cuz if you are even 1# over weight , its $100.. and yes there are people who pay it.
but if you say its $20 at the Airport, then we go with that..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Ok, yes, that seems correct..

from their website..
" We offer fare options that include different numbers of checked bags. Should your plans change after booking a particular fare, bags may be checked online or at the airport for additional fees. Checked bags that exceed 62" (157.48 cm) in overall dimensions (length + width + height) or exceed 50 pounds (22.68 kg) will also incur a fee.

What to expect when you’re expecting to check a bag under 50 pounds…

Fare option 1st bag 2nd bag 3rd bag + any add’l bags
Blue $20 (online or at kiosk)
$25 (at ticket counter) $35 $100 each
Blue Plus Included $35 $100 each
Blue Flex Included Included $100 each "

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
IF you buy a $99 ticket and then you arrive at the Airport with a Zero check in ticket , they will THEN only charge you $20, ? are you sure..
and 15 is still better than 20, no ?

my caution was just so people get no bad surprises at the airport.. not about the $15 extra..
but maybe they will just let you check in a suitcase for $20.. which is ODD though to me
cuz if you are even 1# over weight , its $100.. and yes there are people who pay it.
but if you say its $20 at the Airport, then we go with that..

I have found Spirit Air to be quite flexible for over weight bags. I had one at 38 pounds and another at 46 and they accepted them both when they were supposed to be 40 lbs or under. That was Ft Lauderdale to STI.

Der Fish

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Quite a bit depends on the load..... number of passengers.

With less than full flights, they have more flexibility

JimW

May 21, 2014
Gentlemen,

Flights between the US and SDQ & STI seem to always include 1 free bag. It's always been that way. Not only JetBlue but Delta as well. I think it may be some requirement on the airlines for those particular routes. See below the baggage rules from JetBlue (it's the same on their website and the text below is from the fine print for the special sale email)

For Blue and Blue Plus fares for flights to or from Santa Domingo, Santiago, Port-au-Prince, Port of Spain, Kingston, Cartagena, Medellin, Bogota, Lima, Mexico City and Quito: one checked bag is included and the second checked bag fee is $35.

Regards, -Jim

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Gentlemen,

Flights between the US and SDQ & STI seem to always include 1 free bag. It's always been that way. Not only JetBlue but Delta as well. I think it may be some requirement on the airlines for those particular routes. See below the baggage rules from JetBlue (it's the same on their website and the text below is from the fine print for the special sale email)

For Blue and Blue Plus fares for flights to or from Santa Domingo, Santiago, Port-au-Prince, Port of Spain, Kingston, Cartagena, Medellin, Bogota, Lima, Mexico City and Quito: one checked bag is included and the second checked bag fee is $35.

Regards, -Jim

Not on Spirit. Their first bag is $25 whether checked or carry on.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Gentlemen,

Regards, -Jim

They did, and then under BLUE they took the one free bag away, and now its back to one free bag.
They can do as they please ..

It seems the one free bag is BACK now, under the $99 fare,
who knows for how long..
get it while you can.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Gentlemen,

Regards, -Jim

Fascinating..

It seems the one free bag is BACK now, under the $99 fare,

are you saying this was maybe a glitch in their system ?
because they clearly had the the $99 flight with 0 luggage under blue

POP still shows the 0 Bag prices under Blue..

https://www.jetblue.com/travel/our-fares/

Yes it clearly does state STI and SD are exceptions..

wish I had a screen shot now of it.