Motor Bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rws2000

Jun 24, 2016
In last months Costambar Monthly, there there was an article about the huge numbers of motor cycles, that have been Impounded. My question is, what becomes of all those motorcycles. Is there ever an auction to sell them, or what happens.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they are normally returned to the owners after they pay the fine, get insurance or just pay up.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
In last months Costambar Monthly, there there was an article about the huge numbers of motor cycles, that have been Impounded. My question is, what becomes of all those motorcycles. Is there ever an auction to sell them, or what happens.

Saw two big flatbeds loaded with confiscated motos in Pta Pta last April. Most of them were crap. If you bought three of four of the same, you could cannabilize them and make one good moto. They were confiscated because they weren't roadworthy. If you want a decent moto, buy a new one or a good used one from a dealer.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
They were confiscated because they weren't roadworthy

lol ...

just buy a new one, the 150 taurus are sold new for around 800 USD (AFAIR, maybe there is something cheaper) and you won't have any problems with registration, papers and ... don't forget to buy a plastic bowl at playero and put it on your head! :D

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
and if you buy a new one, bring it inside your house or apartment at night or it will be gone.
during the day, make sure you have a 45 on your hip or it too will be gone.

I really don't want to know where you live.......

(Or maybe I should,so I can avoid it..)

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
... or they just pump the gas tank or take the battery ... people can be really creative in this country, at least when it comes to this.

Where the heck do you people live???
I'm downtown Sosua and don't have these fears...

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It's DR1.com forum...it brings the best out of people sometimes...conspiracy theories and tin foil hats a plenty ...and find it amazing how a story can get warped the more times its heard....

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
i guess you don't follow dv8. she is always posting about murders, robberies, traffic accidents and general mayhem.
and she is on the n/coast.

Yes, she does and so do other moderators who live in other areas. Don't know about mayhem, but murders, robberies, and traffic accidents occur all over the DR. Street smarts and a sharp eye will keep you safe and alive in the DR or anywhere in the world for that matter.

The fact is motos do get ripped off here so you have to take precautions. My expat friends lock them away at night. They don't carry sidearms to protect them during the day. No point in taking a bullet for a cheap moto.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
It's DR1.com forum...it brings the best out of people sometimes...conspiracy theories and tin foil hats a plenty ...and find it amazing how a story can get warped the more times its heard....

But that's half the fun of this forum. Where else can thousands of people view rants and have a laugh? If you did this on NA forums, Homeland Security in the US or CSIS in Canada would be pounding on your door. And if ranting prevents some Dr Oners from going postal, that's a good thing too.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and this is why we can't have nice things. if you cannot answer OP's question why bother talking?
this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.