Kid and travel - any documents needed

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Hi,

What, if any, documents do I need for my kid to travel?

Me, EU passport, my kid (12 years old) EU passport, Dominican citizen (double citizenship).
We (me and my kid) have travelled alone before and then I had the permission from the mother but nobody
asked to see any documents.

Now he will travel with his aunt to Spain to meet his mom that is already there. I will be at the airport (SDQ)
but will not fly with him this time. What documents will/can they ask for?

Thanks in advance

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The same applies to our family - we get the permission but they don't always ask for it.
They are probably more likely to ask for a letter of permission, from the Migraci?n office in Malec?n Centre in SD, signed by both parents, if the accompanying adult is not a parent.

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
The same applies to our family - we get the permission but they don't always ask for it.
They are probably more likely to ask for a letter of permission, from the Migraci?n office in Malec?n Centre in SD, signed by both parents, if the accompanying adult is not a parent.

Thanks for your reply, but in this case it is not that easy to do that. :( Imagine if they would aceept a short video with the message, but I guess they need paper and stamps...

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I see that his mother is in Spain - check with Migraci?n in any case, there may be a way to get it done between the both of you via her nearest DR consulate.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
She needs to go to the Dominican Embassy with a notorized letter saying it is ok to travel, and need a stamp on it from them, then it needs to be sent here. Then the father needs to make a letter (notorized) allowing the child to leave the country, and with both letters you need to go first to the procoria, then to immigration. Immigration will issue a letter stating that the child can leave the country. Immigration also needs 2 2x2 photos of the child......there is a lot of paperwork, but it can be done. The mother has to start from her end first.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
and you need passport copy and cedular copy of the aunt[or the person he is flying with.This docs must be notorized too.QUOTE=hammerdown;1708206]She needs to go to the Dominican Embassy with a notorized letter saying it is ok to travel, and need a stamp on it from them, then it needs to be sent here. Then the father needs to make a letter (notorized) allowing the child to leave the country, and with both letters you need to go first to the procoria, then to immigration. Immigration will issue a letter stating that the child can leave the country. Immigration also needs 2 2x2 photos of the child......there is a lot of paperwork, but it can be done. The mother has to start from her end first.[/QUOTE]