EPS international Status Boxes

Superpana

Jul 2, 2015
Greetings everyone. Is anyone familiar with receiving goods from the U.S. Through EPS international in D.R? I ordered a TV through Amazon less than $200 U.S. 32" and had it sent to EPS in Miami towards D.R. They sent the usual color coded email with the update status saying it was in Miami, and eventually got another one on the 21 of June letting me know that aduana had received it which is a blue box icon and then I received a notice with a yellow box which reads "Paquete en inventario no disponible para entrega" translation Parcel is in inventory, but is not available for delivery. I have used this service since 2011 and have never had that yellow box notification.
Usually after the blue status box which say aduana has received the package, it then skips to the next green box which reads "Paquete en almac?n Sto.Domingo" Parcel is in Santo Domingo warehouse. The TV has obviously arrived and is in hands of EPS, why is it taking so long to get to it's destination in the Eastern part of the island? Usually when it leaves custom it takes no more than 3 working days to get to me on the East coast of the island. That yellow message is what has me puzzled. I sent them the purchase receipt before it left Miami, and it seems customs cleared the TV......So why the hold up? When to EPS on Sat thinking the TV had arrived and the clerk said EPS has the TV, but they have not released it for delivery and there is no explanation on her end which she can see. Anyone else on here have had issues when shipping a TV from the U.S. with EPS Intn'l? Thanks.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Make sure its not still in Aduanas. They love holding people ransom and questioning your invoice specifically on electronics. My experience, used laptop from ebay, cost 150usd, aduanas would release had to pay total of 300.
Sony 50inc tv, cost 995usd. Cost another 500 after a month holding. Omega juicer, bought on amazon new for 250usd. Held up in customs as a luxury item and ended up paying double.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I use EPS with great satisfaction. You say you did send a copy of the purchase invoice. It's required, particularly for electronics, for anything over US$50, as I learned when I ordered my new $59 Kindle. But I think electronics get held up longer than other things. Have you asked about it at your EPS pickup location?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
It just means it's in their storage but not yet in the shop where you always pick it up. i get that message literally all the time and the next day it becomes green.

Sometimes it happens they send it to the wrong shop and it takes one or two days more to arrive. (Happened twice to me and I complained and got a discount.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please do post what happens with your TV when you finally get it. I have never had extra tax added to anything using Encargopaq, and I have imported several laptops, that has an invoice under $200 (and they ALWAYS do ;))

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Since February this year the website of EPS is screwed up, all my (already received) packages are still there "in transito" from Santo Domingo to Bavaro.
In Miami they are not really paying attention lately causing all kind of small problems.
Over all their service is decreasing, at least here in Bavaro. Their prices on the other hand are increasing all the time, RD$ 335 for a package of 1.1libra....

Superpana

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks to all who responded....The TV is a 32" discontinued model and I paid $140.00 U.S. I did go to EPS on Sat and the clerk said it was in hands of EPS, but I get the feeling Aduana is trying to find an excuse to jack up the price in order to charge me tax. I sent the invoice with the CC transaction showing how much I paid Amazon. Even if they search online...the most that tv is going for is $165.00 U.S. I will call Miami tomorrow to see what has happened. Will keep you updated. Thanks again.

Superpana

Jul 2, 2015
Latest update. Contacted EPS Miami and they said the status is now green and connected me to the naco office in Sto. Dom. I guess that must be the main center. I spoke to the manager and he said the delay was due to the transport company not wanting to handle televisions because of the risk of damage and having to be insured if the item got lost or stolen. They have decided to use a company which does insure the transported goods to avoid any issues related to TV's and any large electronics. They said the TV should be in Bavaro by tomorrow or Wed afternoon. Might not be able to go and pick it up Until Thur or Friday. Will post with another update when I have the TV in my hands and in working order. Thanks again for all the reply's

Superpana

Jul 2, 2015
Where is LaserPac in Bavaro? I have not heard of them before. I have heard of EncargoPac. Latest update on the TV. It has arrived in Bavaro and will go and pick it up today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it has suffered to internal damage with all the travels which has taken place. I was told to plug it in before leaving the premises with the TV since after leaving the premises, they have said they are not responsible. Any advice from those who have ordered television from the U.S? I have also been told to only plug my TV into a power strip since power surges are quite common in the D.R. and can fry electronic goods that are not protected accordingly. Anyone wish to share their fried electronics story?

Superpana

Jul 2, 2015
TV made it safe and sound to Bavaro......and in one piece! I was not charged anything extra by customs. I paid less than $200.00 U.S. For the TV, therefore no extra taxes....,However it cost me a $100.00 U.S. To retrieve it from EPS. 15.5 LBs was the total weight....Yikes! But I must say, it is still a better deal than paying over inflated Dominican prices for a TV which was refurbished, and being sold as new. Anyone have had any issues with power spikes damaging your electronics??? I have heard these spikes are not uncommon in D.R. Thanks again for all the responses.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Power spikes occur. Especially during intense thunderstorms with frequent ground strikes. More frequent are under voltage conditions. If you own your house, there are line conditioners and whole house surge suppressors you can install. However, they will cost more than a single $300 TV. If you have multiple TVs, high end audio system, expensive refrigerator, microwave etc, it may make sense.

Otherwise, get into the habit of unplugging those appliances that do not need to be plugged in all the time and certainly unplug items that are not being used until a storm passes.

My computer UPS will alert me to under voltage conditions. My computers are protected but if the condition last more than a few minutes, I have me refrigerator plugged into a smart plug and power to it will be cut until the line voltage returns to normal.

Power here is like the water: Dirty, dirty, dirty.