Prima + Pilot -- implications for the DR

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Two quantum leaps in technology are happening… Pilot (Waverlylabs) and Prisma app.

Reading about the Pilot universal translator by Waverlylabs. Will this bring the world closer by improving communication?

And Prisma… that takes any photo and turns it into what we would only think an artist could conceive. How will artists rise to the challenge? This should be a major takeoff … imagine all the photos that people will be uploading to Instagram as they tour the country with such spectacular artistic looks…

While this may not be directly DR-related, both technologies are likely to have great impact and application locally. In the case of Pilot, people will be able to talk to anyone. Imagine impact for business and travel here. No more language barrier.

And then thousands of works of art will be able to be converted from tourist cell phone photos. The Prisma app is now only available for iphone, but its developers expect next month to have a version for Android.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
2whia1j.gif

Aug 21, 2007
So Pilot is not yet available for Apple products? I did a search and come up with nothing. I did find prisma and downloaded it.

Lindsey

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Pilot is an in ear device that will use your phone to translate what you hear. It's supposed to be launched in 2017.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Done with Prisma... Great App. Hope they will come up with more (free) filters.

jsg2eh.png
[/IMG]

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
A more interactive version of Google Translate and a slightly fancier version of Instagram filters is a quantum leap in technology? I just don't see it. Impact on DR (and the rest of the world) will be on par with the next version of Angry Birds, i.e. next to 0.