noisy sermons may come to an end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I hope it will put a stop to those preachers on Expreso B?varo buses.
It's never happened to me but people I know have complained.
I would not be responsible for my actions if I had to endure that.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
What about the SUV Danilo used for his last political campaing?

They was blasting the whole country.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
After reading the Diario Libre article in Spanish my conclution is that the Christian will be prosecuted in DR..,

Are there any ISIS connection with the PLD?

JJ

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
They ain't prosecuting Christians but putting a hold on noise pollution caused by some fanatics.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
They ain't prosecuting Christians but putting a hold on noise pollution caused by some fanatics.

The new bill they are trying to pass is not only about noise control, read the whole article.

Danilo better don't mess with Christian people in DR.

JJ

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Oh, great! Even better, they want to stop them coming to my door. Splendid. I don't need these Jehova freaks ringing at my door Sunday at nine in the morning! When I want to pray I go to the (catholic) church.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Oh, great! Even better, they want to stop them coming to my door. Splendid. I don't need these Jehova freaks ringing at my door Sunday at nine in the morning! When I want to pray I go to the (catholic) church.

I don't see Danilo (who attends the catholic church btw. too) messing with Christians but with people who believe they are above the law.

Feb 7, 2007
The new bill they are trying to pass is not only about noise control, read the whole article.

No, you need to read it better.

The article says what the Preachers are claiming on social networks the new Law to be about, and then the article goes on to say that it is not true (what those preachers are claiming).

The preachers claim:
“Hermanos por favor oren, el d?a de hoy es debatida una iniciativa de ley en el Senado de la Rep?blica, la cual contempla c?rcel a religiosos por predicar a horas impropias, sanci?n a congregaciones que tengan un volumen alto al momento de celebrar su culto, a quienes anden por las calles y visitando los hogares incomodando a los peatones y violentando la integridad de la familia”.

“Se ha contemplado incluso como una violaci?n a la libertad de culto el imponer la lectura de la Biblia”, dice el mensaje que circula mayormente por WhatsApp.

And the article states:
Aunque el proyecto de ley que discute la Comisi?n de Justicia y Derechos Humanos del Senado no habla de esto, expresa que las entidades religiosas tienen el deber de sujetarse a la Constituci?n y las leyes de la naci?n, y respetar las instituciones del pa?s, adem?s de abstenerse de perseguir fines de lucro o preponderantemente econ?micos.

This last part: bye bye mansions and new jepeetas of the preachers bought with the "religious money".
Anybody who had seen this "church" on the exit from Higuey towards El Seybo (just before Tribunal de Tierra) knows what I am talking about ... (but I guess people who "spend money" on donations in this particular place do not really need to be worried about financial hardship... you do not see a poor man's car (90's Corolla) or motorcycle leaving this church's parking lot after the "mass"...)

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
long time ago we spent about a year living in a barrio, on a main street. somewhere deep in the abyss there was a church that always seemed to be opened at the weirdest time of the day/night. the sermon usually took place around 11 pm or thereabout and consisted mainly of "hallelujah" screams and holws.

i could barely make other words but the priest bellowed and hollered like a hyena that just came across a bloated carcass of an elephant and about to feast on its large intestine.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
long time ago we spent about a year living in a barrio, on a main street. somewhere deep in the abyss there was a church that always seemed to be opened at the weirdest time of the day/night. the sermon usually took place around 11 pm or thereabout and consisted mainly of "hallelujah" screams and holws.

i could barely make other words but the priest bellowed and hollered like a hyena that just came across a bloated carcass of an elephant and about to feast on its large intestine.

I hear you, I once lived close to something like that too...

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
No, you need to read it better.

The article says what the Preachers are claiming on social networks the new Law to be about, and then the article goes on to say that it is not true (what those preachers are claiming).

The preachers claim:
?Hermanos por favor oren, el d?a de hoy es debatida una iniciativa de ley en el Senado de la Rep?blica, la cual contempla c?rcel a religiosos por predicar a horas impropias, sanci?n a congregaciones que tengan un volumen alto al momento de celebrar su culto, a quienes anden por las calles y visitando los hogares incomodando a los peatones y violentando la integridad de la familia?.

?Se ha contemplado incluso como una violaci?n a la libertad de culto el imponer la lectura de la Biblia?,
dice el mensaje que circula mayormente por WhatsApp.

And the article states:
Aunque el proyecto de ley que discute la Comisi?n de Justicia y Derechos Humanos del Senado no habla de esto, expresa que las entidades religiosas tienen el deber de sujetarse a la Constituci?n y las leyes de la naci?n, y respetar las instituciones del pa?s, adem?s de abstenerse de perseguir fines de lucro o preponderantemente econ?micos.

This last part: bye bye mansions and new jepeetas of the preachers bought with the "religious money".
Anybody who had seen this "church" on the exit from Higuey towards El Seybo (just before Tribunal de Tierra) knows what I am talking about ... (but I guess people who "spend money" on donations in this particular place do not really need to be worried about financial hardship... you do not see a poor man's car (90's Corolla) or motorcycle leaving this church's parking lot after the "mass"...)

Remember, 90 + % of DR population is Crhistian... We are not talking about a Middle East contry.

Ya veremos!

JJ

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Like half of us on DR1 I cannot totally understand enuff Spanish to know for sure what is being said. Although I am aware they are talking about prosecuting the loud noises coming from the over zealous preachers.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Let's try not to bring religion into this thread or it will be closed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.