Happy Canada Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Happy Canada Day to those Canucks living in RD and those who visit yearly. How many of us are there on this site?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I am not Canadian, but I wish my former neighbors to the north a very happy Canada Day. Please do something about the takeout. Seal flipper pie and poutine do not an evening make. (This is meant to be a joke).

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I am not Canadian, but I wish my former neighbors to the north a very happy Canada Day. Please do something about the takeout. Seal flipper pie and poutine do not an evening make. (This is meant to be a joke).

Seal flipper pie is rare since the demise of the seal hunt. It is definitely an acquired taste and I've never tried them. My preference is lobster, crab, salmon, and cod. Poutine is a Quebec based fast food. Which is ironic since Quebec has some of the finest cusine in Canada. It's a big country with a varied cusine.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Seal flipper pie is rare since the demise of the seal hunt. It is definitely an acquired taste and I've never tried them. My preference is lobster, crab, salmon, and cod. Poutine is a Quebec based fast food. Which is ironic since Quebec has some of the finest cusine in Canada. It's a big country with a varied cusine.

Some of my family is from St Anthony and although flipper pie was eaten they ate a lot of rabbit. The curds in the poutine should squeak when you bite them otherwise they aren't fresh enough. Smoked salmon is one of the things I miss most from Canada.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
O ya...I miss smoked salmon, Fanny bay oysters and scallops. And of course the main staple of the Canadian diet,

Chinese food!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
O ya...I miss smoked salmon, Fanny bay oysters and scallops. And of course the main staple of the Canadian diet,

Chinese food!

Speaking of Fanny Bay, the hamburgers at the FBI were amazing. Wet Coast fish-------------hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Some of my family is from St Anthony and although flipper pie was eaten they ate a lot of rabbit. The curds in the poutine should squeak when you bite them otherwise they aren't fresh enough. Smoked salmon is one of the things I miss most from Canada.

Best smoked salmon is made by a guy named Willy on the eastern shore in Nova Scotia. Little community called Tangiers. He is famous for it. The best smoked Artic char I've had was in Labrador. As good as all this is, I use to have access to Alaskan Kingcrab at the USAF officers club when I was stationed in Goose Bay, Labrador. All you could eat for $5 and a double rum and coke was .20cents.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Eco do they have sockeye there. Didn't mean to p!ss on your parade, but really.

Status
Not open for further replies.