Samsung microwave oven - ochoa

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I bought this Microwave oven about 6 months ago, Ochoa had them on sale for about $9000 rd.

Last night I turned it on and all the lights work but when I pressed the cook button nothing happened. No other buttons work either although the clock functions correctly.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advise on fixing the damn thing?

Thanks

Eyes

Apr 30, 2012
Your still under guarantee take it back to the shop they will repair or give you a new one

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Can you change the time on the clock? If not check to make sure the keypad hasn't been accidentally locked if your microwave has such a feature.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Your still under guarantee take it back to the shop they will repair or give you a new one

Give you a new one is not that easy. We had a toaster from Casa Cuesta that went for repairs two times in 3 months and the last time lasted several weeks before given back. We went to Proconsumidor since we wanted a new one. Proconsumidor, during the audience, stated the store doesn't need to give us a new one but only offer repair. It was the lady of Casa Cuesta that finally realized that we probably had a lemon and gave us a credit note for the full amount. But only as an exception.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Doubtful. There may have been a 30 day guarantee. A one year guarantee on appliances hardly ever happens in the DR no matter what the policy is of a given manufacturer. I would guess the OP is on his own to get it repaired.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Thanks for all your replies, I'll try and take it back, "been there before, do not pass Go, do not collect $200, leave with the item I wanted to return".
I also thought about the child lock operation to no avail. Turned it on and off many times - same result. Not to worry, if the worst comes to the worst I'll have to buy a new one.
Thanks again.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That's too bad. Microwaves are a big power draw when they approach the 1000W size. In your neighborhood, the evening before your post there was a power spike of 146V about 8:30pm followed by a couple of hours of under voltage as low as 103V. If your microwave is not built in to the cabinets, I'd suggest unplugging it when it isn't being used. If the plug isn't easily accessible, then a single outlet surge protector may be the way to go. The worst under power conditions I have seen in our neck of the woods was a few hours where everyone was only receiving +- 60V about six weeks ago. Not enough to run anything but just enough to kill anything with a motor.

Here at Casa Gringo we have a large builtin Microwave and when we turn it on some of the lights dim and my battery powered voltage regulator kicks. My M-oven really should be on its own circuit breaker but isn't. Yours might not be either.

Microwaves work slower and have to work harder when being powered by your community generator that produces square wave power.

Good luck.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Does the display show an error code?
Does the turntable work? Fan? etc.?