Need a Restaurant Recommendation in Santo Domingo

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm looking for a decent (not necessarily high-end spendy) restaurant or private club in Santo Domingo that has a quiet private room for a business meeting & meal. Would prefer something ethnic/artsy and not "typical" Dominican fare.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Meson de Bari is excellent with Spanish, Dominican & Creole entrees. We've been there when the second floor dining room had a private meeting. Local artists work displayed throughout.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
I'm looking for a decent (not necessarily high-end spendy) restaurant or private club in Santo Domingo that has a quiet private room for a business meeting & meal. Would prefer something ethnic/artsy and not "typical" Dominican fare.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Samurai is a very good, authentic Japanese food. I believe they have couple of corners for groups etc.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I thought pate palo sucked ...service was horrible { forgot half the order }and food was nothing outstanding

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
How spendy?

It's on the expensive side, compared to other dominican restaurants. I'd spend about 4500 pesos for a dinner for two, not buying a bottle of wine.

Another option is Buche Perico, also in the Colonial Zone. It's rather new, first months they had some start up issues with service and kitchen, but lately I've only heard good reports. Beautiful place with a big glasshouse style garden and they have some areas on the second floor, which I suppose you could use for a semi-private meeting. Coincidently going there tomorrow evening.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I thought pate palo sucked ...service was horrible { forgot half the order }and food was nothing outstanding
I think you had bad luck. You could say the food at Sofia's Bar and Grill is better, but they music / noise won't let you have a normal conversation, plus I don't like the environment of rich spoiled brats in ferrari's. I've had dinner in Pat'e Palo many times and only once I thought it was not that good. Outstanding food you can also find at Don Pepe, but you'll pay twice what you pay in Pat'e Palo.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
There is that Italian place across from lulu's. just past the cathedral at colon plaza. good food with lots of corners and areas that could be set aside.

La Briciola. corner of padre billini.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
There is that Italian place across from lulu's. just past the cathedral at colon plaza. good food with lots of corners and areas that could be set aside.

La Briciola. corner of padre billini.

Talking about LuLu, same owner as Pat'e Palo, but not even close...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I appreciate all the suggestions.

We've reserved the Library at Pat'e Palo.

Will report back the experience.

:D