Aeropaq courier service (Puerto Plata)

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I live in Pto Pta. For the past year I have been using CPS courier service (border of Sosua/Cabarete). The service is excellent.

But nowadays I rarely have reason to visit Sosua, so making a special trip each time to collect a package is inconvenient and uneconomical.

In an old post here (sorry, cannot now find it) I read that there is a branch of CPS in Pto Plata. I visited the address given, but that street is now derelict awaiting refurbishment.

I emailed to a CPS address found in Yellow Pages, and the reply said that CPS had now moved to Avenida 26 Agosto #13. I called in there today. The office announces itself as "Aeropaq". I asked if they were agents or partners of CPS and was unable to understand their explanation, but got the impression I was being given the runaround. Also, at CPS Sosua when I enrolled, they entered everything on the computer system, presented me with a membership card, and there was a welcome email repeating all the information awaiting me when I arrived home. At Aeropaq everything was written on scrap paper, and hours later I still have not received their promised email, despite the office being staffed with half-dozen smirking teenagers with apparently nothing to do and no English between them. It does not inspire confidence.

Has anyone experience of Aeropaq? Or can direct me to a current address for an authentic CPS branch in Pto Pta?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I live in Pto Pta. For the past year I have been using CPS courier service (border of Sosua/Cabarete). The service is excellent.

But nowadays I rarely have reason to visit Sosua, so making a special trip each time to collect a package is inconvenient and uneconomical.

In an old post here (sorry, cannot now find it) I read that there is a branch of CPS in Pto Plata. I visited the address given, but that street is now derelict awaiting refurbishment.

I emailed to a CPS address found in Yellow Pages, and the reply said that CPS had now moved to Avenida 26 Agosto #13. I called in there today. The office announces itself as "Aeropaq". I asked if they were agents or partners of CPS and was unable to understand their explanation, but got the impression I was being given the runaround. Also, at CPS Sosua when I enrolled, they entered everything on the computer system, presented me with a membership card, and there was a welcome email repeating all the information awaiting me when I arrived home. At Aeropaq everything was written on scrap paper, and hours later I still have not received their promised email, despite the office being staffed with half-dozen smirking teenagers with apparently nothing to do and no English between them. It does not inspire confidence.

Has anyone experience of Aeropaq? Or can direct me to a current address for an authentic CPS branch in Pto Pta?

I used encargpaq in Sosua and recently changed to Jetpack for the same reason. They gave me a card as in plastic like a debit card or similar with their address oh it and my address also. They do not send out emails as did Encargopaq, but their charge is a bit less. Coming down the hill from Torre Alta turn left on the main highway there and it is within 100 meters (half a block) Not much English, but a cute teenaged girl manning the desk.
I've only used them twice so far. Best of luck.
Der Fish

bcripps

Jul 12, 2016
We also have not been happy with the service from CPS (or Aeropaq as they may call themselves), over the last year. Their office seems to be the hang-out for the local teenagers. They have lost a couple of our packages over the last few months. And they could care less.

Their lack of response to our problems, (they just smile and shirk when you ask them to call Miami and track down a package), is frustrating. We will still use them as a last resort. I hope someone else opens a service in Puerto Plata and puts them out of business.

Bry

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
EPS has an office in PP, used them here in Sosua and when I was living in PP and never had problems

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
CPS in POP is a franchising. CPS Sosua-Cabarete has just opened their own office in POP. But because CPS name was already present in POP they had to choose another name. They are operating in POP under "LOGISTICS 5700". If you want CPS Sosua quality service in POP - go to this address -

LOGISTICS 5700
Ave. gregorio luperon ,
Plaza Popular , local 116 , first floor.
Phone number is : 809-261-0331

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
We also have not been happy with the service from CPS (or Aeropaq as they may call themselves), over the last year. Their office seems to be the hang-out for the local teenagers. They have lost a couple of our packages over the last few months. And they could care less.

Their lack of response to our problems, (they just smile and shirk when you ask them to call Miami and track down a package), is frustrating. We will still use them as a last resort. I hope someone else opens a service in Puerto Plata and puts them out of business.
Your experiences confirm the bad impression they made on me. After I had registered they promised to send me an email containing my code number and their Miami address, but ten days later and it has not arrived. I am glad I switched to JetPak, the service suggested by Derfish.

There are several alternatives in Puerto Plata as this thread demonstrates. Presumably they are just a front for some nefarious activities.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I used encargpaq in Sosua and recently changed to Jetpack for the same reason. They gave me a card as in plastic like a debit card or similar with their address oh it and my address also. They do not send out emails as did Encargopaq, but their charge is a bit less. Coming down the hill from Torre Alta turn left on the main highway there and it is within 100 meters (half a block) Not much English, but a cute teenaged girl manning the desk.
I've only used them twice so far. Best of luck.
I registered with JetPack yesterday. They gave the same excellent first impression as did CPS in Sosua/Cabarete and I have already made two small purchases from Amazon US to try them out.

Their price per pound is 164 pesos, compared with 184 at CPS Sosua.

The receptionist does not speak English but she called out the manager(?) or owner(?), Alexandra Quezada, who speaks excellent English and was very charming.

Their address is in Avenida Manolo Tavarez Justo, on the north side, going up the slope towards the Hospital. They are directly opposite the large, single story, PLD purple and yellow building.

From the Stadium, proceed up the hill past the main entrance to Torre Alta (Calle J.A Puig) on the other side of the dual carriageway. They are 50 yards further on.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Although this is about PP, I wonder if those who have used these companies could let me know which one offers the best service in Sosua (quality and economy-wise)... !? (location please)

And when you purchase something on Amazon and post it to their US address, do you have to add other instructions (how do they know they should send that to Sosua depot and keep it for you ! As you can see I've never used one so far...)

I spoke to the one in the back of gas station in Sosua, but the girl didn't come across that professional (no one else was there).

(P.S. someone told me the boss of that shop was the son of the guy who owns all those buildings/shops along the back, he also had a mobile shop before at the back, and that he was in a terrible accident recently and didn't make it, is that true !? I think I have seen him many times while having ice cream there, he had a wife and small boy, if that is the one... !)

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Although this is about PP, I wonder if those who have used these companies could let me know which one offers the best service in Sosua (quality and economy-wise).
I can recommend CPS for quality. No idea how they compare on price as I only ordered lightweight stuff, so a few pesos either way was insignificant.

Location is on the left-hand side leaving Sosua for Cabarete (their address is officially Cabarete) about a mile out of Sosua, about quarter-mile further on than the CMC clinic. They are shown on Google Maps.

And when you purchase something on Amazon and post it to their US address, do you have to add other instructions (how do they know they should send that to Sosua depot and keep it for you ! As you can see I've never used one so far...)

Register (for free) using exactly the same name as you use to order from Amazon (presumably the same name as on your bank card). They will give you a membership card like a bank card. It contains their Miami address. You order from Amazon to be delivered to their Miami address and your name and code number.

When goods arrive in Miami they send them straight on to arrive in Sosua within 48 hours.

I mainly ordered DVDs which always arrived without invoices. Miami depot emails Sosua and myself requiring an invoice. I download one from Amazon and email it to Miami and Sosua.

When the goods arrive in Sosua they email me and I can collect or ask for delivery. Delivery to Pto Pta was relatively expensive so I always collected. As I nowadays rarely go to Sosua for other reasons I have switched to JetPack in Pto Pta.

The price was 183 pesos per pound or part of pound. So 17 ounces would be charged as two pounds.

One downside is that they will not consolidate consignments for you in Miami. So if your goods arrive in eight separate packages, they will forward them in those eight packages. This means you might pay eight "parts of a pound" instead of one.

Make sure that the total of goods arriving at Miami on any one day (whether from one or different suppliers) is less than US$200, otherwise you will be subject to customs inspections and high duties.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Although this is about PP, I wonder if those who have used these companies could let me know which one offers the best service in Sosua (quality and economy-wise)... !? (location please)

I spoke to the one in the back of gas station in Sosua, but the girl didn't come across that professional (no one else was there).

(P.S. someone told me the boss of that shop was the son of the guy who owns all those buildings/shops along the back, he also had a mobile shop before at the back, and that he was in a terrible accident recently and didn't make it, is that true !? I think I have seen him many times while having ice cream there, he had a wife and small boy, if that is the one... !)

Uzin, I will attempt to answer your question of how do they know how to get it to you in Sosua from Miami. You are given a Box number. mine starts with PP because it is in Puerto Plata and then has a 6 digit number which is the number on the card that they gave to me. I am the only one who has that number it goes on your shipping address to Amazon. For example it could be:
8374 NW 64th street
PP000666
iami FL etc...
Der Fish