Robbery in Bavaro/Punta Cana

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Don't think it does not happen in the Punta Cana area.

http://bavarodigital.net/2016/07/04...junto-a-su-familia-en-residencial-de-la-zona/

The article says it happened at 'Residencial B?varo Punta Cana.' I don't know this place, I don't think. I often see apartments near El Dorado called Residencial Bavaro or something, but I don't think that is it.

The article also says Calle Lautero Melo. There is apparently a street named Lauterio Melo Carpio farther out closer to Pueblo Bavaro. Certainly not the center of tourist activity there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...3f3bd85e247a93!8m2!3d18.6042128!4d-68.3946641

Not a good thing in any case. Don't get complacent... (Although, it may not have been random, the robbers may have known, or known of, the dj.)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Res. B-PC is the large housing complex on the other side of the Ver?n-B?varo road, north of Pueblo B?varo.
There is also an access point from the Boulevard Tur?stico.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
There have been dozens of robberies in Res. Bavaro Punta Cana over the past couple of years. I lived there til a year ago then moved to a safer area. Got tired of wandering around with my taser and pepper spray in my purse (or hand when we?d arrive late at night). It?s one thing when you read about it in the newspaper, it?s another when several people you know get broken into or woken up at night with 2 armed guys next to their bed.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Do they not have a gate? It is even worse if there is a gate - but thieves get in anyway.

Nice that every f*** of a thief can get in. I was denied entry... Alone in a (at that time) brand new jeepeta, when i wanted to have a look if there are any houses for rent. Glad they did not let me in though. :D

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
There's a gate on either side of the residencial and even cameras but the thing is there's unoccupied land on 3 sides and thieves easily get through there. At least that's how they used to get in.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Nice that every f*** of a thief can get in. I was denied entry... Alone in a (at that time) brand new jeepeta, when i wanted to have a look if there are any houses for rent. Glad they did not let me in though. :D

Next time bring an ice cole 32oz. bottle of Presidente, works wonders.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
There's a gate on either side of the residencial and even cameras but the thing is there's unoccupied land on 3 sides and thieves easily get through there. At least that's how they used to get in.

Same with Pueblo Bavaro. You can get in from everywhere, just not with a car...

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Don't think it does not happen in the Punta Cana area.

http://bavarodigital.net/2016/07/04...junto-a-su-familia-en-residencial-de-la-zona/

The article says it happened at 'Residencial B?varo Punta Cana.' I don't know this place, I don't think. I often see apartments near El Dorado called Residencial Bavaro or something, but I don't think that is it.

The article also says Calle Lautero Melo. There is apparently a street named Lauterio Melo Carpio farther out closer to Pueblo Bavaro. Certainly not the center of tourist activity there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...3f3bd85e247a93!8m2!3d18.6042128!4d-68.3946641

Not a good thing in any case. Don't get complacent... (Although, it may not have been random, the robbers may have known, or known of, the dj.)

Oscar is the programme director of radio programme called Hola Punta Cana. The address given here is the residencial complex behind the complex where we have proprio arepas restaurant... before montilla motors. It's a pity it happened and the thieves stole quite an amount from the house. Still shaken he is moving back to Punta Cana village. I believe that not every residencial place is safe here in Punta Cana.