Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Would like to see the rest of the blue/green chart. It is cut off.

To be honest, I believe one of the books each Dominican reports to have read is the Bible. Not that there is anything at all wrong with that, but I don't believe that is what is meant by having read a book in the past year.

Lindsey

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    Interesting. Would like to see the rest of the blue/green chart. It is cut off.
    it is cut off because NALs does not know how to resize.

3. Likes LindseyKaufman liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    it's a mixture of green envy because i am sure the foreigners will be paid a lot more than dominican teachers plus a large scoop of "no fui yo" because they cannot accept that teaching quality itself is an issue.
    of course,

Hidalgo aseguró que el informe de Educa que coloca al país en último lugar en ranking de naciones América Latina y El Caribe, en aspectos de lectura, matemática y ciencias, es un cuestionamiento a las universidades dominicanas.

I am so jarto of this no fui yo attitude in this country.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    The DR is even better positioned when the focus is the percentage of people that don't read a single book during the course of a year.

Source of data: http://cerlalc.org/

Did they make the survey at a mall near Libreria Cuesta store entrance or at an XYZ Drink?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    of course,

Hidalgo aseguró que el informe de Educa que coloca al país en último lugar en ranking de naciones América Latina y El Caribe, en aspectos de lectura, matemática y ciencias, es un cuestionamiento a las universidades dominicanas.

I am so jarto of this no fui yo attitude in this country.
    Access to books, other than textbooks is rather Socratic in this country. I have been in the majority of the public schools in Jarabacoa and I know of only two that have actual libraries with a decent assortment of children's books ....etc. Most of the newly graduated teachers that show up with a resume fail the Grade six/seven general knowledge test that my wife gives them. Very weak on history and Geography, with math a close second. The people that come from other professions to apply usually do much better.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456