Renting a car for a month or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRM

Aug 9, 2015
Any tips or ideas about renting a premium size jeepeta for a month or so in Santo Domingo? I have always gotten good deals ($1,000) from orbitz or Kayak, but I was wondering if there was a better or cheaper option.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Any tips or ideas about renting a premium size jeepeta for a month or so in Santo Domingo? I have always gotten good deals ($1,000) from orbitz or Kayak, but I was wondering if there was a better or cheaper option.

You could ride across town five to six times a day in a taxi for that much, and you wouldn't have to drive.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
If you are paying with a credit card check with the card company to learn the rental insurance terms. Some cards only cover insurance for a rental up to 14 days.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

That's a great price for a 'premium size jeepeta' for a month. We used to rent for months at a time, and paid more than that for a regular car because the SUVs were ridiculously priced. The last time we were renting a car [we shipped one down after that], they wanted $1500 a month for a very small car. We ended up renting a DR1 member's car that year because he was out of the country.

WRM

Aug 9, 2015
There are taxi people and non taxi people, I would never give up my freedom of having a car especially on vacay!

$1,000 sounds decent enough.
I am with you. I always rent a car. Plus we have two toddlers so we always travel with their car seats because renting the car seats from the rental car is super expensive.

WRM

Aug 9, 2015
Thank you all. I will just keep using Orbitz or Kayak then.

Status
Not open for further replies.