Are Their Any Positive Experiences With Dominicanitas?

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
I have once again received a veritable grab bag of
observations, personal experiences, and even was
imparted the teachings of Gregory VIIII.

Where are the positive experiences that people have had with the Dominican female? I see these
lovely women as more than chattle as some obviously see these women as nothing more than property to be disrespected. I may appear to be a
Gringo just 11 short of a dozen but I don't believe that every American is out to exploit the Dominican woman, neither do I believe that every Dominican is out to trap a gringo I also do not believe that every Dominican woman is born with
the characteristic of dishonest and deceit.

What I was looking for from my previous post was not The Liturgy of the Council of 1382 but rather
personal experiences from persons that have had
positive relations with a special Dominican woman
and not those who simple use generalities to
very broadly describe all Dominican women.

Or perhaps I should request the opinions of the
women that have moved to the DR and have insights
on the differences between what the American woman
expects from relationships and what the Dominican woman expects. I should have proceeded with this tack from the beginning I'm sure that the females
will be able to get it right where my learned
friends of fanciful rhetoric have failed?

Thanks

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
there are several of us here

who are married to dominicans and most of us seem pretty happy... we just dont chatter on about it as much as the others..

on the other hand, I think the warnings put out are good and you should listen to them

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
IF I were going to look

for a dominican woman to marry, I would move there and plan on staying there (you can always change your mind later). I would shop in the local Super colmodones, go to social events, attend my old school reunions, go to the Library (the Dominican ones), attend church services, get to know the average middle to upper middle class folks, find out where they socialize, go to those places and NOT LOOK. Then, you just might find by accident what you were looking for. I was looking to get married when I met my first wife, aka the bit.., I was just socializing when I met my second, still the love of my life even though she's been gone 18 years.

Those who look with all their expectations usually find the opposite but don't know it until the honeymoon is over. Is this wise yet cynical enuff?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It is possible,not probable!

I was introduced to a very pretty young dominican girl in August of 1994.She was 17 at that time.She was was from a very poor family in "Simone Bolivar". I was not looking for a relationship,long term relationship that is.She drove me crazy.Like in she bothered me! So much affection,"carino"! I don,t mean sex,I mean holding hands,whispering,"sweet nothings"! I used to be here for about a week each month.I wouldn,t call her until I was almost ready to leave.Her family was intact. Mother,father,two grandmothers,uncles,cousins,all in the same house!Parents married for 30 plus years,father working for the water company for about 40 years.She had no desire to leave Santo Domingo.Not looking for a visa,to the US,or credit card! Oh she had a 4 year old son.To end this post,she "Won- Me- Over!" I got to like the affection,her constant smile,her desire to improve herself,her "carino"! We have been married almost 7 years.Our second child is due in June.She works,goes to school,and we have no intentions of moving to the US! Many men have the idea that they will come to the DR,find an "Innocent Flower",pick the "Flower" take her to the USA,and have a "Trophy" to show off,and a constant supply of sex! NOT! May work for about 6 months tops! Can,t take the fish out of the water! If you plan to live here there is a chance.Otherwise,"FORGEDABOWDIT!" Criss Colon

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Criss has a point "if you plan to live here, you have a chance or forget about it...."

If you are looking for a bride to take home with then chances are you would attract the unwanted type women. Women who only have the american dream. They will do whatever to win you over. The problem is that you are looking very hard and I am quite sure that marriage business comes up within 5 mins of your conversation with the target woman.
I repeat, you must hold your horses and let time decide. Don't go out looking for a mate, let the mate find you for a change.
In general, santiago is not the place where you would find women only seeking to go to USA. They don't really come in contact with the foreigners (as opposed to the women in costal cities) so the american dream is not really in their mind at all the times. Of course, if the girl is not so content with her current living condition, she would love to move on to any country where her living condition can be improved.
To give you some examples: I know many girls in santiago who are from the middle to lower middle class families ex: live in a decent neighborhood, university students, family owns a decent type car, to a girl who owns her own decent model car, gold gym membership, private university and lives in an upper class neighborhood; these girls are not usually interested in living anywhere else....be it USA or canada. They might want to visit USA or an european country but they are not really interested in leaving their family or their country behind. Many of these girls already have a visa or are eligable to receive one.
The Bottom line is this: Hold your horses and get this idea out of your mind of finding a decent dominican girl to get married with if you try to look so hard. The trick is to spend as much time as you possibly can in DR and really get to know the people here first. From all of your posts, you seem like the guy who is lacking the very first rule in meeting women, anywhere.
My advice, take it easy and be more patient.
have a nice day.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
We live in a "tourist" area for most of the winter every year.
We know and have seen many "alliances:" take place over the years.
What the others have said in this post is basically correct. If you go "looking" for a wife in the tourist areas you're going to find someone "looking" for you. It NEVER works out!!! You're looking for a wife/husband, she/he is looking for an exit visa and a drawer full of cash.
Get out of the tourist area, take your time, get to know the people, follow the other "hints" in the previous replies and it may happen.......We also know many "mixed" couples who have been married many years and live either here or in Canada/US/Europe who visit here every year,are happily married and have a good family life!
Good luck!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am going to get a freakin' chisel and a ball peen hammer and take them to your head!!

Damnit, you are dense, or as you so kindly put it, a few fries short of a Happy Meal!

1) Look up Hillbilly's Three Golden Rules
2) Memorize Criss' advice
3) Stir in a little of (gulp!) AZB's advice
4) Read about CES's experience, or ask him your self.
5) Read about my own experience- it's in the Archives.
6) Talk to Tom F....he's been here...
Get this in your head. Trophy wives are all the same--trophies!! And most of them tarnish quite easily...

Lasting relationships are not wham, bam!

I do believe that there is an interesting statistic you might be interested in, not exact by any means: Almost 33% of all the Peace Corps Volunteers that serve in the DR get married here.

Of course they are here for TWO YEARS, know the culture, language, politics and society!! Get the picture? They are not peregrine falcons looking for lunch..

You know what to do when you get here...

HB

Last edited:

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Isaac's adventures!!

Isak, You are becomming a pain in the butt.
If you want to find a woman of your
fancy go and do it on your own instead
of pestering for second hand opinions.
You sound intelligent enuf to know that
no case out of a sillion in those matters
is the same.Pack your bag and go on your
trip and let us know what you found out.

Regards X.

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
who's pain is it anyway?

Corrected me if I am wrong however I was under the
impression that we all had a right post what we
choose with in reason of course. People like you are a pain because they havce the ability to
choose what they wish to read on this site and
disregard the rest. Now that I have gone thru great pains to express my feelings about your
pain, you should remember "NO PAIN NO GAIN"
I THIS WASN'T TOO PAINFUL.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Isaac the dreamer

Isaac, You can do whatever you want. My point
was to let you know when it comes to getting involved with women there is not much to learn from other people because
you will disregard their good advice anyway.
Remember should you fall in love
the head with the gray matter in it takes
a back seat to the other one abajo.

Just joking, good luck X.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Let me tell you a story.

While in the Peace Corps (87-89) my sister called me and told me her college roommate's father wants to visit me because he wants to marry a Dominican women. Heck, I was happy that anyone would come down and hang around with me. My family didn't have the guts to do it (my Mom did stop for a few hours on a cruise and they were ready to get back on the ship after a few hours). This guy and I spent 3-4 days riding around on my motorcycle in SFM and Santiago. He didn't speak Spanish, had lot's of money and was interested in women 15-20 younger than he was.

The trip was futile, I told him to learn some Spanish, come back for a longer period of time and then he could talk to women by himself and maybe meet someone. Later I found out he did make another trip, found someone, married her and was living his dream life in Atlanta.

After leaving Peace Corps, I moved the Washington Heights and got married myself. (fit into Hillbilly's 3 Golden Rules and has lasted 12 years). A few years later I get a call in NY from this guy, and he wants me to go undercover and find his wife you took off, stole everything she could and started a fire in his/their house. He found some address in NJ and thought she might be there.

I told him to use a private investigator and I didn't want to get involved. That was the last I heard about him.

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Great story Tom F. & Thanx HB . . .

The story that Tom tells is all too familiar and as somebody has already said, " if you play with fire then . . . etc.

~ for HB ~

Thank you for the validation, I appreciate the thought. As the Hillbilly said . . . gold is gold, every thing else is "base" metal . . .

regards,

CES"

Mar 21, 2002
Thru family contacts

In my part of the DR ,most decent middle to upper class meet thru family contacts.
My advice to you is to let some of us know when you are going to the DR. If that coincides with our visit maybe one of us could show you around.
Let us know, I would be willing to help you out.

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
O & C

Thanks,

For your kind offer however I'm sure the rest
of the I don't quite know what to call them
will surely dis-suade you from attempting to believe that I am worhty of a tour or for that
matter that I am even human, Golo could I am sure
draw a direct link between me and some primate I'm
if his anti-anything different from him sentiments
were properly agitated.

O & C thanks, but I think that when I arrive in the DR very soon I will be heading straight to the
mountains most likely around Elias Pina or so.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I once offered to present my niece to Isaac!

That was before we all found out that he is a crazy ,black militant,suffering from delusions of grandure! I "Dodged-A-Bullet" on that one! Can you imagine having Isaac at your house every Holiday going on,and on,and on,and on!"Criss"You Missed Me" Colon...........note to Isaac*My niece is my wife,s younger sister! They trace their "roots" back to Africa,Mine go to Holland,and the British Isles.

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Ken Merritt

I think Isaac Green sounds a little too much like Ken Merritt...remember that fiasco? I hope you're not looking for a virgin to "de-flower", too, Isaac.

Best of luck

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Criss.. Is the alzheimers setting in? :)I remember you were the one who ran him off. I was so desperatly trying to search the archives for his name but he must have been deleted somehow.

He was the crazed evangilist who went down to the DR for mission work, evangelizing everyone. He reference many biblical verses in his posts. Well, he was convinced that his late 20's something girl was a virgin and he wanted to bring her back with him. But she had the typical no phone line in the house thing and sick parents and could not get a hold of her for weeks. We all had a fun time with him.

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
I'm not looking to de flower anything.

Chris,

I think we both dodged a bullet on that one,
can anyone imagine a female version of let's say our rather girthy Chris?

Chris I am sure your niece is a wonderful young woman.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Like I said;"A mind is a terrible thing to waste"

Here are two good things about Alzheimers Disease,#1,You get to make "new" friends everyday!...and,#2,You get to hunt for your own Easter Eggs,after you hide them(Hey,Very Topical ) As you know I spend a lot of time composing my posts,and researching my facts,(Right!)so it is possible that I could "forget" about ;Ken who????... I don,t drink now,but that doesn,t mean I haven,t already had my share! I do like wathing the same movies over,and over. I really can,t remember how they end!...and the same girls visit my apartment time after time,and I always wonder how they already know where everything is!Has It,s benefits!Criss Colon