Dominican Pride Day in Newark, NJ.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dominican Pride Day was celebrated Sunday in Newark, NJ. Anyone go?

google translate:

N. JERSEY: Celebrate Dominican pride festival in Newark

NEW Jersey.- Dozens of Dominican and Hispanic gathered Sunday to celebrate the fourth Dominican pride festival in the city of Newark.

The event, which was characterized by the presence of the red, blue and white colors of the Dominican flag, organized by the Institute Duartiano.

The main local authorities and special guests attended the festival developed between Park and Roseville avenues, known as the Dominican Way.

The artistic participation was in charge of the typical set of Alex Rivas, Javier Wilson, Arlene G, La Morena Mambo, Memo Lopez, Pionono The Clown and Domingo Navarro.

The president of the organizing committee, Santiago Paniagua, besides thanking those present for their support, urged the Dominican community to maintain their cultural values.

"Thanks to local authorities and members of the institute for their hard work for the realization of the festival," he said.

The event began at one p.m. with the interpretation of the anthems of the United States and the Dominican Republic, and lasted until 10:00 pm

The City Council and the Duartiano Institute gave permaninos of awards to Wilson Daniel, Nelson Javier, Arlene G, Alex Rivas, Dunaina Solis, DJ Fragrance, Rafael Concepcion, Jose Chelo Rivas, Starling Rivas and Osvaldo Rodriguez, trustee Haina, San Cristobal province , Dominican Republic.

In addition, the animator Michael Miguel Holguin, the bachatero Leonardo Paniagua and merenguero Richie Cepeda, who could not attend the event.

No incidents were reported.

http://almomento.net/nj-celebran-festival-del-orgullo-dominicano-en-newark/224255

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I would never been seen dead there. Anybody who shows up at these putrid events deserves a life time of ebt cards and section 8 housing. There is nothing to be proud of at these "events"

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Bunch of Chopos and Grillos, nothing to be proud of...

JJ

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I would never been seen dead there. Anybody who shows up at these putrid events deserves a life time of ebt cards and section 8 housing. There is nothing to be proud of at these "events"

Bunch of Chopos and Grillos, nothing to be proud of...

JJ

Haha, you two must be related to Mr. AE, he avoids these 'celebrations' like the plague.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Haha, you two must be related to Mr. AE, he avoids these 'celebrations' like the plague.

I've seen those Dominican parade on youtube, I hate "el Tigueraje" this people claim to be our Dominican pride...

By accident I arrived to Manhattan the same day they was celebrating this Dominican parade but didn't attend the even.

I saw crazy Dominicans with flags everywhere in New York.

JJ

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Every ethnic group has some we'd rather not identify with, including mine.

Mr. AE occasionally wears a Presidente or DR flag tshirt, or a Licey hat.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Maybe i am missing something but are not these Dominican people who are proud to be from the Dominican Republic? Just my two pesos but these events cater to a certain group of Dominicans. I see the same thing in la rep dom. Just about all events held on the malecon in SD you won't see people from Naco and Piatini attending. If i go to Hard Rock i don't see people from the barrios of SD este there.

When in Jersey i often go in the area where the event was. Sure these are not the doctor lawyer type but for the most part they are hard working people who like many Dominicans found a better life in the USA.