I love it every time I can do this!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I just returned from a month in Boston.criss
I overstayed my DR visaby six months before leaving,as always!
Got to SD airport,paid my 4,000 peso fine,on my way.
Can back last night.
My picture was not taken upon passing immigration.I was not finger print checked.nothing except a welcome to the DR!!!!
Where is all the new regulations regarding foreigners being denied entry after over staying their visas?
I,all tell you where???
The same place every other new rule about illegals living here.
It doesn't exist!
Nothing has changed in the 30 years I have been coming,living here!!!
Only the fine has gone up,but who cares.
Go waste your money and time getting ,Regularized, residency,or whatever you want.
It,s your money and time!!!
Ccccccccccccccccccccc

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They're only taking fingerprints and photos of Dominicans at SDQ, as far as I know. I came through with Mr. AE and they totally ignored me, took his electronic prints and his photo though.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Just wondering...we (son and I) flew back with my brother to SDQ. My son and I were in a different queue (DR citizenship) than my brother. He had his fingerprints and photo taken as well did his wife. They are US citizens, just visiting. Since I really do not pay attention to this (visitors queue) just wondering if this is the norm now. Took him and his wife over 45 minutes to go through just immigration even though it was not really crowded. My brother said they had problems with the fingerprint system.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well the only thing that has changed is that you paid the overstay fee this time. ;)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I just returned from a month in Boston.criss
I overstayed my DR visaby six months before leaving,as always!
Got to SD airport,paid my 4,000 peso fine,on my way.
Can back last night.
My picture was not taken upon passing immigration.I was not finger print checked.nothing except a welcome to the DR!!!!
Where is all the new regulations regarding foreigners being denied entry after over staying their visas?
I,all tell you where???
The same place every other new rule about illegals living here.
It doesn't exist!
Nothing has changed in the 30 years I have been coming,living here!!!
Only the fine has gone up,but who cares.
Go waste your money and time getting ,Regularized, residency,or whatever you want.
It,s your money and time!!!
Ccccccccccccccccccccc

Perhaps your marriage to a Dominicana makes the difference.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
don't think residency was a requirement when Chris was working for plaza de salud back then. think was retired by the time those regulations came out.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I know people in the DR that have worked here for 25 years without a Cedula.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Confirmed. Everyone now pays the very low overstay fees when departing from Santo Domingo.

And for someone living here full time without residency and visiting the USA every six months, even with the very low fees, they pay about 2000rd more than permanent residents do for fees on a 4 year annualized basis based upon the current tariffs, VIP, medical and cedula fee with disbursements (8900 rd against 25,000/4rd).

Having permanent residency and a cedula now is better value, and those that were here before 2011 and did nothing are losing out if they travel abroad twice a year leaving from SDQ (and maybe elsewhere). And to boot it appears they are anxious when returning about potential further changes.