FREE : yellow lab about 1 yr old. LUPERON will deliver if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
We have been fostering a very nice fixed male yellow lab and need a home for him. He is well behaved very social with other dogs and humans, loves kids. Up to date on all shots, flea & tick meds. We can not keep him as he will not fit under the airplane seat !

Please share if you know of a good home for this youg boy.

Mar 30, 2006
We have been fostering a very nice fixed male yellow lab and need a home for him. He is well behaved very social with other dogs and humans, loves kids. Up to date on all shots, flea & tick meds. We can not keep him as he will not fit under the airplane seat !

Please share if you know of a good home for this youg boy.

Do you have a picture?

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Why don't you take him with you. I hate to think what will happen to him if you do not find a (good, not Dominican) home for him.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
it's a real dilemma shipping animals to the states if that's is the OP's destination. I tried to bring my black lab back to the states, told I had to go through an approved air freight service, no longer allows to bring animals to air cargo, received quotes of 1200 - 1500 US and only to Newark, NJ.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
He is not our dog !!!! we were asked to foster him in our yard till a permenent home could be found. We are searching for that home.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
If you send me pm with email I can send a pic, I dont know how to post a pic here.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
He is not our dog !!!! we were asked to foster him in our yard till a permenent home could be found. We are searching for that home.

Wrong, he is your dog now. Obviously where he came from can't or won't take him back.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
sorry he is not our dog,we were asked to "FOSTER" not adopt the dog. Our only wish is to find him a better life than what he had. If you have no interest in him possible you may know of someone.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you send me pm with email I can send a pic, I dont know how to post a pic here.

I guess your unwillingness to expend the time to figure out how to post a picture (which does not take an advanced engineering degree btw) doesn't bode will for the amount of effort this poor dog is going to receive. Kudos for fostering him in the first place, but don't do this again. This is the DR. There seems to be more dogs in need than people sometimes. It tugs at my heart every time I read about a dog that needs a new home here because their owners are flying away. I already have two and that's my limit. Otherwise, I'd be the known as the crazy old guy with 50 dogs.

Don't limit your search to DR1. Search the threads for rescue organizations and contact them. Work day and night to re-home this dog that you are abandoning for at least the second time in its short life. Learn to post pictures cuz a plea for help without a photo is not going to cut it on DR1 or any other forum/website.

Of course you are going to deliver this dog to its new home if one is found. None of this "if possible BS". You'll be very lucky to find a home period. A home near Luperon would be a miracle. Good luck, I wish I could solve your problem, and take this dog, but I cannot. The chances of success for this poor dog are directly proportional to the amount of time and effort you put forth. Don't sit and wait for a solution to present itself, go create one.

Please send a few photos to lab@trashmail.com and as much info as you have about where he came from and any medical issues and I'll pass the photos and info around to the people that I know. If you'd like I will post the pictures here on DR1 for you.

Jan 17, 2009
Which airline does no longer accept animals in air cargo?

it's a real dilemma shipping animals to the states if that's is the OP's destination. I tried to bring my black lab back to the states, told I had to go through an approved air freight service, no longer allows to bring animals to air cargo, received quotes of 1200 - 1500 US and only to Newark, NJ.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for the dislike. I kind of saw your poor attitude peeking out in a previous post when you didn't take responsibility for an animal that is now completely dependent on you. I guess this means you are not interested in the help I offered. Fine do it yourself.

Poor dog.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
sorry he is not our dog,we were asked to "FOSTER" not adopt the dog. Our only wish is to find him a better life than what he had. If you have no interest in him possible you may know of someone.

Are you still going to bring him to Puerto Plata today for the family who asked to see him? These are very shy kids, and I believe a dog,especially a lab wound help both of them to become more social.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Janlindy,

It's not the dog's fault that you are a bit of a pompous jerk. I've changed my mind. If you send me the info and photos I asked for, I'll do my best to get that dog away from you as quickly as possible.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Does the DOG know you are only the " Foster Parent " and not the " real " owner ??

think about it, it will come to you

or maybe not.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Come on guys, give janlindy a break. She fostered a dog when it had nowhere else to go, and now she's trying to find its forever home.

Instead of berating her for that, be glad that she was willing to take the dog in for a time. I applaud her for that, not everyone would do that.

janlindy, you can try posting on Facebook to Dogs and Cats of the Dominican Republic, and Doggie House. There are other groups on FB too. Be sure to put up a photo with your appeal.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
But if she can get someone to post a PICTURE of the Dog , or a Link to where there is a Picture, it will increase the odds a thousand times..

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The OP asked for an email address to send pictures. I gave her one. When she gets over her snit and and sends the requested info, we can get on with trying to solve this problem for both her and the dog or she can do it herself. Up to her at this point.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
dog

the dog has founds a wonderful family. To all those who were willing to help I Thank You. Those who judge me Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.