Air Transat Class

420dude

Feb 7, 2002
I have been told by a number of people that have flown with AT that if you want to be comfortable you should pay the extra money and get upgraded to what they call Air Transat Club Class.
It costs $200 per person per leg of the trip. So and extra $800.--. For me and my wife. I am a big guy 6'2 and 270lbs so the idea of little seats for a 6 or 7 hour flight from Calgary to Punta Cana is not very appealing.
If anyone knows if this upgrade is worth the money please let me know.
Thank you.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
HI 420dude

OHHHHHH yes take Club Transat
if your are a big guy and you want to be more confortable . You will be on a A-310
in club thers only 21 leather seats and you have one F/A in first ,the service is really diferent the configuration of that cabin is 2-3-2, AND YES the upgrade worth the money.

Hope you enjoy your flight

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
From Where ??????

If from Canada to the DR, it's around $100.00. (At least from Montreal) YES it's worth the extra $$$.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
AT

Yes for sure take it! You also have preferred status when getting on to the plane....last on ...first off...and you don't have to be there 2 hours ahead of time....mind you, this was before 9/11...I do not know if things have changed, but it is worth it for sure...and it should only cost an extra 50 there and 50 back....per person ....so an extra 200.00....plus you get free drinks...lol

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
well after 9/11/01 yes things have change now like de econ. passengers you have to be 3 hours prior to departure for security reasons.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
The Seats are Good the Airline Terrible

I flew AT Club one way from Santo Domingo and one round trip- $200 seems a lot extra per leg - I paid a gate agent $60 CDN cash for the last seat on the one way, so I doubt AT got any of that, but the scheduled and paid for round trip was only $170 CDN round trip. So $400 each is at least double what they were charging.

However a nice seat it is.

Good luck getting within +/- 12 hour of the time period they promise since they are not so good at that.

And I see they now actually do fly Toronto to Punta Cana but starting with a 40 minute flight to Buffalo NY (!), boot everyone off, run them through US Immigration, re-check the luggage and then back on the plane.

God only knows why they started that.

There are quite a few immigrants here that don't have the right to even enter the USA now they arrive at Buffalo, cannot be admitted, I wonder where they go? Deported back to Canada or back on the plane and to DR anyway?

Since they really didn't pay to go to Buffalo at all of course.

Boggles the mind.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
these buffalo flights are made by a US /canadian tours operator which sell seats out of buffalo and portlan, to mexico and DR and that flight stop in buffalo to take these americans pax on board . and for the immigrants the travel agency most give them the good info on that particular flight. if you know that you dont have the documentation required by the local authority, so change that itinerary and take a direct flight .

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Air Transast

ALso to transit to the United States , you dont need any Vvisa or green cards. Also we call a thru flight.

If you have to deplaned because aircraft change due aircraft problem.. just fill out a I-94TWOV (TRANSIT WIHTOUT VISA) form and you are ready to pass US immigration, Customs and USDA.

I hope Air Transat have any agreement with the us goverment to transport TWOV???

well i got to go....happy valentines

sam

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
HEY sam como estas?
i think yes they have these rights because they have been flying thru the State for 2 years now.
The lack of charters airlines from these cities.thats the reason why the US tours operators look towards canadian charter companys like TS and 2T (now sadly out of business).
And the fact that these flight go thru State is good for Dominican tourism.

Mar

Feb 15, 2002
It's way worth it

However, we paid $200.00 return in 2000. The comfort, food, service, leg room (we are both 6 ft tall), and yes, the exclusive check in line are all worth it. We would do it again. But if you decide to, do it fast. There are a limited number of seats on each flight. Have a wonderful holiday.

Bren

Feb 17, 2002
Air Transat Club Class

I flew from Vancouver to POP on Club Class in January. I prebooked
our seats in economy on the way home and believe it or not, we were much more comfortable on the way home. Our seats were next to an emergency exit (row 31 on Airbus 330) and close to the washrooms which kind of bothered me a bit due to congestion -- people waiting to use the washroom. We had a TON of leg room -- way more than in Club Class.

When I book with Air Transat again I will definitely pay the extra 20 bucks and preselect my seat -- but it's kind of risky if you wait til the last minute to choose your vacation -- I couldn't get window seats, but we'd had such a great time it didn't bother me.

You can view Air Transat aircraft on their website and have it handy when you do your seat selection.

good luck and have a great time in DR

Eddie

Feb 18, 2002
I'm flying them from Vanc, B.C and I was able to pick my seat, ie exit or bulkhead row for $20. More room not much $

chatbug

Feb 17, 2002
Club Transat prices vary depending on where you are flying from. Western Canada departures are as high as 240 per person round trip. I still think it is worth it. Bigger seats, you get to choose your meal, you eat first, preferred luggage handling (ie yours is tagged to be the first to come off plane), and free booze for the whole flight. You also get your own flight attendant for Club Transat where as everybody else has to share the 2 or 3 others. It's awesome.

Travlwizz

Feb 2, 2002
Air Transat Club Class

Hi there! Just back from the DR this morning at 1 am...flew Club Transat Class each direction and it is well worth the money...cost should be 150 per direction for a total of 300.00 per person. Seating is roomier, much more comfie for anyone. 18 seats in total in that section so needless to say, the service is great! Send me a note if you need any further Dominican Republic information! I can not wait to go back there! Loved the country and the people.