International School Questions

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have an 8-year old step daughter, who needs better education as I believe she is not be well schooled at a private school in Montellano.
The hours are not enough (3 per day) and her math is behind where she should be for problem solving.

Can any one tell me their experience with the Int School and answer things like:
1. What are they hours for this age ?
2. She speaks only Spanish can she start here without feeling disadvantaged to the rest of the student body ?
3. What does a school year cost ?
4. Can anyone suggest an alternative school ?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
The education at ISS is fantastic. Everything is taught in English by certified International teachers. The kids also learn a 2nd and 3rd language. But the cost is around $750 US Dollars a month. So, you pay for that great education. And it is a great education. No question about it.

Frank

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My step daughter went for 2 years at ISS in Sosua. She continued her education in NY and is now an architect in NY. She went
there about 13 years ago, so I can't comment on now. But I would assume it is just as good or better now.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The education at ISS is fantastic. Everything is taught in English by certified International teachers. The kids also learn a 2nd and 3rd language. But the cost is around $750 US Dollars a month. So, you pay for that great education. And it is a great education. No question about it.

Frank
Thanks. $750 is not cheap (for a pensioner like myself) but even for a year there I think would be a big plus and experience for her.
But since she speaks no English I think she would feel like she was in a bubble. Of course she needs to learn English and she is at an age where it still would be easier to learn a second language.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Thanks. $750 is not cheap (for a pensioner like myself) but even for a year there I think would be a big plus and experience for her.
But since she speaks no English I think she would feel like she was in a bubble. Of course she needs to learn English and she is at an age where it still would be easier to learn a second language.

I think they start non-English speakers off in an English remedial course...which is fantastic because i saw my girlfriend's Russian son--who spoke no English--become fluent really quick!

Frank

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think they start non-English speakers off in an English remedial course...which is fantastic because i saw my girlfriend's Russian son--who spoke no English--become fluent really quick!

Frank
Thanks Frank - sounds like even a year there would be great.