Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cadbury's chocolate

For the Brits and Caribbean forum members, I was surprised to find this morning that Super Pola on Independenciare now selling Cadbury's milk chocolate bars. I stocked up with my favorites: Cadbury's Fruit and Nut and Whole Nut.

Normally I can only buy these when visiting the islands or a rare trip back home..

2. Likes AlterEgo, AnnaC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tasted it yet? I was very disappointed. Something to do with being bought by a US company.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Have you tasted it yet? I was very disappointed. Something to do with being bought by a US company.
    Yes a bit creamier and not as good as the Cadbury's I buy in the islands or back home, but even so more enjoyable than what I find around.

Having checked the bar I bought in Pola, it was made under license by Hersheys and I guess that explains the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

That was it - Hershey, which in my experience most Brits consider inedible.
    For good chocolate, Ritter sport, the square bars, are usually sold at Nacional and Pola.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ritter is wonderful chocolate. Especially the dark chocolate which is supposed to be good for you - in moderation.

7. Dislikes jinty05 disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You nearly had me rushing to Super Pola to bring back my childhood. Then I was reminded that Cadbury's was taken over. I thought it was by Kraft. Is Hershey part of that group?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ritter hasn't a clue as to what real chocolate is.....americans assuming they know best

Quote Originally Posted by retiree View Post
    Ritter is wonderful chocolate. Especially the dark chocolate which is supposed to be good for you - in moderation.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ritter sport chocolate is not American (it is German) and neither am I so I have no clue what you mean.

11. Likes drstock liked this post
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    You nearly had me rushing to Super Pola to bring back my childhood. Then I was reminded that Cadbury's was taken over. I thought it was by Kraft. Is Hershey part of that group?
    Mendelez International or what was Kraft Foods (includes Toblerone) but not Hersheys.

A thinner bar of chocolate but still worth the trip to Super Pola and goes well with a genuine Tetley cup of tea (real tea bags not the small ones on strings) bought on my last trip to Nevis in bulk.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Iberia has Milka at least her win Higuey plus a store brand El Día imported from Spain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast