german man commits suicide in las terrenas

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
RIP

But strange. Not sure if I understand this right. Somebody withdrew his pension money from an account? Or the German government withdrew his pension allowance? You don't receive pension and then they cancel these payments all of a sudden. When you once qualified for retirement pension in Germany you receive it until you die. Maybe he was on welfare payments which do not allow you to live abroad and they found out...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here's another link to the story:
http://acentoinformativo.com/samana...evisaron-computadora-descubrieron-le-ocurrio/

Hasta el momento se cree que este alem?n se quit? la vida al enterarse de una mala noticia a trav?s de su correo electr?nico, en un correo que le hab?a llegado a este hombre se le explicaba que su pensi?n hab?a sido retirada y que ya no la cobrar?a m?s, los investigadores explicaron que este fue el motivo por el cual se quit? la vida.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
RIP

But strange. Not sure if I understand this right. Somebody withdrew his pension money from an account? Or the German government withdrew his pension allowance? You don't receive pension and then they cancel these payments all of a sudden. When you once qualified for retirement pension in Germany you receive it until you die. Maybe he was on welfare payments which do not allow you to live abroad and they found out...

68 is the age of retirement so I don't think he was on welfare. Strange story

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
a pension can be cancelled if the pensioner did not prove that he is alive, annual form to be sent to the pension fund... who knows

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't know about retirement in germany but in poland you have to submit some paperwork regarding your work history. could it be that some of his documents were not in order? that he no longer had german address? was removed from the list of voters?

i know it's not exactly DR related but i see reports of suicides at least few times a year, often it seems to be money related. maybe knowing that the issue can be solved and how will stop others from taking this step.