8 dominican singers fathered 77 kids

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
el caribe showing its tabloid face again with this article:
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/07/19/5-cantantes-dominicanos-han-procreado-61-hijos

the title is misleading, the article lists 8 artists and 77 offspring.

anthony rios leads the pack with 26 kids produced with 24 women.
to?o rosario has 10 and rafa rosario has 7.
sergio vargas has 9 and vakero 8.
then, johnny ventura has 7 kids.
finally, frank reyes with 5 and felix manuel with 5.

feliz dia de padre :rolleyes:

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Lots of future great singers for DR, and I bet all the women and kids will be proud to carry the genes, make more .... ! lol

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
While i appreciate the nuance related to family structure and grinding generational poverty...I have ZERO sympathy for any "man" who doesn't labor hard to feed his own children. I am glad that in EuroCanUsa a woman has social support to free herself from financial independence of men and glad to pay the taxes, too. Unfortunately it has let irresponsible men off the hook.

I once had a puerto rican patient with two wives on the same street. 20+ children. That is irresponsible and selfish.

Yes, it takes two to tango. I don't deny the agency a woman has in the good and bad choices she makes. White privilege requires a certain set of circumstances. Penis privilege is universal.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
as much as it takes two to tango ...I blame the woman more ....she is the one who is left high and dry when the jockey moves on to his next mare
if I pick up a boiling cup from the fire and burn myself ...I am the one who gets hurt ...not the person who put the cup on the fire

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
but these women for the singers could have been blinded by the jockeys wallet

If you are the first or second one ......maybe but when they have a proven track record no. PLUS. These guys are famous but many of the average Dominican males on the street could equal or surpass their numbers. I think it is a macho thing. I told one I knew years ago that a boy who has gone through puberty could get a woman/girl pregnant but a man takes care and concern of his kids lives. I kinda got in his face because he thought it was funny that he had 3 girls pregnant at the same time. I know he thought i was a crazy gringo because I was in his face giving telling him it was NOT funny and was he going to care for the babies. He is the size of a small mountain and could easily have crushed me but never said a word except "yes Gary".

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
On a side note: Dominican Father's day is coming up(maybe just passed ?). Sales are up for this holiday. I guess the Mothers/kids don't mind if the Fathers are absent. :ermm:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
The lack of education where most either dont know what a condom is, or care. The irresponsible fathers who get away with fathering children then leave. Again it starts from the top, this country has no future for 80-90% of the people yet there is still a huge drain on resources because nobody thinks about if they have the wherewithall to look after a children.
Because of the stupidity here they could learn from the Chinese. A overpopulated poor country that has made amazing progress over last 40 yeras because they saw this problem only getting worse. One child per family!!! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...milies-can-and-cant-have-more-than-one-child/

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The lack of education where most either dont know what a condom is, or care. The irresponsible fathers who get away with fathering children then leave. Again it starts from the top, this country has no future for 80-90% of the people yet there is still a huge drain on resources because nobody thinks about if they have the wherewithall to look after a children.
Because of the stupidity here they could learn from the Chinese. A overpopulated poor country that has made amazing progress over last 40 yeras because they saw this problem only getting worse. One child per family!!! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...milies-can-and-cant-have-more-than-one-child/
Irresponsibility is not an aspect of the exclusive domain of Dominican culture and edumacation. It's alive and well and growing even in the "highly edumacated" First World.

China's success is a result of repressive gubmint coercion. I'm not sure that's the answer either. And the "one child per family" dictate has caused females to be aborted at alarming rates, causing many, many men unable to find life partners...which creates even more unintended consequences...

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Irresponsibility is not an aspect of the exclusive domain of Dominican culture and edumacation. It's alive and well and growing even in the "highly edumacated" First World.

China's success is a result of repressive gubmint coercion. I'm not sure that's the answer either. And the "one child per family" dictate has caused females to be aborted at alarming rates, causing many, many men unable to find life partners...which creates even more unintended consequences...

There is no easy fix and always a trade off. The DR sysyem is broken in so many ways, so to continue to overpopulate this island with poor uneducated is akin to creating another poor African nation. Watching new buildings,malls, roads etc. which is either on borrowed money, Oligarch money, drug money etc. This can easily be mistaken for a thriving economy but those who have a brain and around it see it for what it is.
The average person still doesnt understand the adverse effects of throwing their garbage on the streets or respect thy neighbor, or any semblance of safe driving. Ladies keep spitting out kids when you have no real income, men keep banging girls with no regard for fatherhood.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The average person still doesnt understand the adverse effects of throwing their garbage on the streets or respect thy neighbor, or any semblance of safe driving. Ladies keep spitting out kids when you have no real income, men keep banging girls with no regard for fatherhood.
Sounds like Detroit.

It ain't just the DR. Far from it.

There are plenty of edumacational opportunities in the DR, but you can't force people to access them.

Apr 7, 2014

Hahahahahahahajahahajajajajajajajj!

You dont know what you are talking about. Whew! That was a shame to read that.

China? Yea THATS the Asian country to emulate....NOT.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Yeah I think that standard of living for the average Chinese citizen is lower than that of the average Dominican. Shanghai, the only Chinese city I have visited and only for two days was like Santo Domingo x 50. Dirt, filth, disease, poverty, pollution and a bunch of rich folks and folks pretending to be rich running around. That being said they deserve praise for their population control. There has been discourse about scholarships or subsidies for families that have two kids or less. What about banning access to public schools to families (ie moms) with more than two kids ? Strong educational programs that encourage responsible family planning etc along with financial incentives could at least make dent in this pandemic problem of overpopulation.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
[video=youtube;itugk_lzOkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itugk_lzOkM[/video]

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
The thing that breaks my heard about the poor is that their kids are so full of live and innocent, they become hard, jaded and dangerous at 10-11, but there are glimpses of what could be if given proper opportunity. It is truly tragic and there is no solution.

Apr 7, 2014
[video=youtube;itugk_lzOkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itugk_lzOkM[/video]
Thats her fault. She was the one who consorted with bums in the 1st place. She knew they couldnt provide for those children when they were bumping and grinding. She shouldnt have picked him.
I see these people all the time, copulating with Dominicans to have these children and then hoping to meet some foreigner to "help" them out. Then when you tell them that plan is laughable they tell you that you arent responsible. See? You arent a responsible person because you cant see the ROI for caring for some other persons children while the man who made them gets off Scot-free to philander and make more children.
Thats why these people are poor. Repeated foolish decisions and no track record of responsibility and then trying to guilt shame someone else onto carrying their burden.