Cabarete OCEAN DREAM APARTMENTS

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hi
I have a few questions about these apartments

I am looking to buy a studio

what do the monthly association fees cost?
and what does it include?

are owners regulalry asked to put in extra money for unforseen repairs?

are there major problems in the body corporation of ocean dream or is the site managed very well??

thanks

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The builder or sales people should have a info package for prospective buyers. If the don't you might want to pass on this property.
Also check to see if most buyers want to rent will you have to contribute to common area damages that renters cause.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Hi
I have a few questions about these apartments

I am looking to buy a studio

what do the monthly association fees cost?
and what does it include?

are owners regulalry asked to put in extra money for unforseen repairs?

are there major problems in the body corporation of ocean dream or is the site managed very well??

thanks

Monthly association fee should be confirmed by the owner or agent selling. The management office is L'Agence in the plaza next to the guard house. They should also be able to confirm current monthly fees and perhaps even get you a copy of the bylaws prior to your purchase decision. They may be a little hesitant to hand out that info directly to you as an unknown party if they're not the selling agent. You may have to get your agent or seller to request it.

Annual budgets are calculated based on prior year actual expenses and projected changes in costs and any special expenses. Once confirmed at annual homeowner meeting, the monthly fee is steady for the year. Large unbudgeted fees are rare. Repaving of road, replacement of generator, etc have contingency funds and existing reserves to help cover them.

Is the studio you are considering in the plaza building or in another phase of Ocean Dream?

Overall absolutely no major issues that I've experienced, clear accounting and very well managed.

Last edited:

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I believe the commercial part is metered. the condos are metered by phase. The elect. is divided by sq. meters. The elect. is included in the condo fee and is adjusted at the yearly owners meeting. OD has a overall reserve and each phase usually has their on reserve. I've lived here for 10 years. We have never had a unexpected cost that we could not cover from our reserve. Hope this helps

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
That's from todays ad in Facebook - electricity is not included in studios.

Everything Sosua! "For Sale, Specials, Questions, Misc"

Second floor Studio for rent in Ocean dream Cabarete. Available august 1ers, 650.00 usd plus electricity, cable and internet included. contact us for more information.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
That's from todays ad in Facebook - electricity is not included in studios.

Everything Sosua! "For Sale, Specials, Questions, Misc"

Second floor Studio for rent in Ocean dream Cabarete. Available august 1ers, 650.00 usd plus electricity, cable and internet included. contact us for more information.

ill take 3 then