Must come back!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I've been back in American for 121 days. I've hated every minute. My wife hates it here, even my kids want to go back to the DR. I miss the people, the weather, the palm trees.

We're coming back fall of 2018, but I don't know if I can hold out that long.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I've been back in American for 121 days. I've hated every minute. My wife hates it here, even my kids want to go back to the DR. I miss the people, the weather, the palm trees.

We're coming back fall of 2018, but I don't know if I can hold out that long.

No surprise there, I was anticipating this from you.

Jan 7, 2016
The pace of life in general in the U.S. is dizzying in comparison to here in the D.R. Even with all the traffic/driver issues and political bullsh*t here, the D.R. pales in comparison to the U.S. My relaxation quotient is 75% higher in the D.R.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
DR six. Didn't you leave because you were fed up with the DR?
I may be confusing you.. Where did you go?
My kids' friends (in DR) haven't done or traveled as much as we have but they do seem
much happier, carefree and down to earth.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Also interested in knowing where you are in the US. If you are in the north east, I can understand why.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
I guess it is a matter of perspective and location. My situation is 8 months In Santo Domingo and 4 months in Myrtle Beach,SC. I find my time in Myrtle Beach much more relaxing. This will be my situation for 2 more years. After that if my wife and I decide to stay in the DR we probably will move to Las Terrenas. That would much more relaxing than the capital.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Make the best of being in the US.
At least money can be earned.
There are always short trips back to the DR, till 2018.
All of this will help you decide what you and your wife want most.
With all the problems encountered in the DR, the spirit is different and missed.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I guess it is a matter of perspective and location. My situation is 8 months In Santo Domingo and 4 months in Myrtle Beach,SC. I find my time in Myrtle Beach much more relaxing. This will be my situation for 2 more years. After that if my wife and I decide to stay in the DR we probably will move to Las Terrenas. That would much more relaxing than the capital.

Santo Domingo is not relaxing, at least the driving part. I find the DR extremely noisy and busy. Annoying as that is, it is also vibrant and full of life.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Going home makes you appreciate this beautiful country even more. I was back home in Canada (which I now call The Society) for 5 weeks in May and it's just not home anymore. People are too busy doing nothing and saying how busy they are. Very sad society.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

You would have to pay me to spend 8 months in Santo Domingo. I would rather be in the north east of the US than in Santo Domingo and I hate the US north east.

I have a sister in law from Jarabacoa who tried three times to live in Providence, RI. She is back in the DR after finally proving to her daughter that she really hates it in Providence.