Sad but Humorous Story

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
What is humorous about that? I know my sense of humor is different than some folks, but I couldn't imagine anyone laughing at that.
Der Fish

For myself it boarders on humorous, because where in the hell are they getting the money to FLY. Most of the ones they are talking about can't take a boat ride, if they have that kind of money to afford plane tickets would seem they could do something else in their own country. these don't even qualify a economic immigrants. Just free loader, no sympathy for them at all! Last time I flew from Europe to here was well over a $1000us, and they are flush enough to fly families?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
For myself it boarders on humorous, because where in the hell are they getting the money to FLY. Most of the ones they are talking about can't take a boat ride, if they have that kind of money to afford plane tickets would seem they could do something else in their own country. these don't even qualify a economic immigrants. Just free loader, no sympathy for them at all! Last time I flew from Europe to here was well over a $1000us, and they are flush enough to fly families?

Fly? Hardly.

The "passage" they are paying to coyotes (people smugglers) are getting some smuggled into Mexico for further travel into the USA but getting most robbed, raped, murdered and buried in shallow graves in the desert or floated down river. This is one of the ways they travel:

2583416_orig.jpg

Not exactly a 1st class airfare, is it? Der Fish was right. There is absolutely nothing funny about these people's plight.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
"More than half" the migrants presenting themselves as Africans are from Haiti, an impoverished Caribbean country with a predominantly black population that speaks French, de Wilde said."

"Our destiny isn't in Costa Rica or Nicaragua or Honduras. Why won't they let us pass?" asked Wilson Joseph, a migrant who said he was from French-speaking Senegal though he spoke Spanish with an accent from the Dominican Republic, Haiti's neighbor.

The humor is in the Haitian and Dominican migrants assertion that they are Congolese. Whether it is a misplaced belief that an African migrant will get some sort of preferential treatment or more likely a ploy to make it more difficult to repatriate them, all these people have done is place themselves in a more difficult situation.

Maybe Costa Rica will take them in as citizens.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Fly? Hardly.

The "passage" they are paying to coyotes (people smugglers) are getting some smuggled into Mexico for further travel into the USA but getting most robbed, raped, murdered and buried in shallow graves in the desert or floated down river. This is one of the ways they travel:

2583416_orig.jpg

Not exactly a 1st class airfare, is it? Der Fish was right. There is absolutely nothing funny about these people's plight.

As far as them flying I remember that the Miami Herald for years had this fantasy that the Haitians arrove in Floridian waters on huge 'mother ships.' and then dumped them off into the small yolas, the idea being that the yolas couldn't possibly make the trip. Also the idea was always that these starving Haitians ha dpaid over $1000 each for their trip in said mother ship.
If they flew n why weren't they stopped at the airport? Wouldn't that be the logical place to find them and stop them?
Der Fish

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Costa Rica is a nice place to live...

But very expensive. They have 100% tax on new vehicles. I bought a brand new Renault Kangoo in Panama in 2005 for $11,500 cash. Later i priced the same vehicle in Costa Rica and due to taxes and other government costs it was over twice that much in Costa Rica. But that includes a 100% guarantee for any and all service for one year including oil changes.
Der Fish