Flights to Cuba from POP

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I amuse myself looking at the arrivals and departures of pop with flightstats (there are some interesting flights, never new Air Berlin flies here and some others). But for the last few days I've seen this:

(VRA) Varadero
(CEY) Air Century
Scheduled

Is this a schedule flight or a charter. Does anyone know anything about it. Would be a fun (and easy) was to go toCuba. Their web site has no info. Maybe we can get a group together and charter this?? Would be fun :)

singletravel

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I believe that's a crew transfer for the Eurowings crew. They arrive into POP from VRA on Friday afternoon and another flight leaves POP for VRA on Saturday afternoon.

They use the Saab, which is a 34 seater. So you may be able to book a seat as the Airbus crew usually consists of around 10 crew members.

Try their website https://www.aircentury.com/?pag=inicio&lang=en

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I was also interested in flights from POP or STI to Cuba, but I think you have to go to SDQ for a direct flight....

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
From POP and STI there are some flights on small planes of interCaribbean to HAV and SCU in Cuba in certain times of the year.

Takes about ~3 hours with one hour stop-over at PLS, but they are pricey in the US$700 range, see their schedule here:

http://intercaribbean.com/travel-tools/schedule/

From SDQ you can go direct with US$500 or so, cheaper via PTY...

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
I checked today....
No, they don't sell seats on this flight.

I believe that's a crew transfer for the Eurowings crew. They arrive into POP from VRA on Friday afternoon and another flight leaves POP for VRA on Saturday afternoon.

They use the Saab, which is a 34 seater. So you may be able to book a seat as the Airbus crew usually consists of around 10 crew members.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I checked today....
No, they don't sell seats on this flight.

These flights are for crew transfers, not regular flights.

Faster way to travel to Cuba is from Santo Domingo, I sugest travel with PAWA if going to Havana, price is arround 552.00 dollars, Cubana is sometimes like 40.00 dollars cheaper but they have a lot delays and cancelations so i would prefer pay extra and know for sure i will arrive on time and not 8 hrs later or 24 hrs later.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Unfortunately the PAWA flight to Havana does not work if you live on the North Coast.
The earliest Caribe Tours bus arrives in Santa Domingo bus terminal at 10AM, and PAWA flight leaves at 10AM.

Cubana leaves to Santiago de Cuba at 4:20PM and arrives at 3:50PM (granted.... rarely on time)
This allows the North Coasters to take a Caribe Tours bus both ways, same day.
I just checked... Cubana website is quoting $460USD.

Love to try PAWA, but will be picking Cubana again.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Unfortunately the PAWA flight to Havana does not work if you live on the North Coast.
The earliest Caribe Tours bus arrives in Santa Domingo bus terminal at 10AM, and PAWA flight leaves at 10AM.

Cubana leaves to Santiago de Cuba at 4:20PM and arrives at 3:50PM (granted.... rarely on time)
This allows the North Coasters to take a Caribe Tours bus both ways, same day.
I just checked... Cubana website is quoting $460USD.

Love to try PAWA, but will be picking Cubana again.

Yes, thats a problem, Good luck with Cubana.