Amazon.com and other mail to Sosua?

rick3993

Sep 5, 2006
Does anyone know the best and cheapest way to get mail or small packages to Sosua? Can you receive orders
from Amazon.com here?

Thank You!!!

Rick

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Does anyone know the best and cheapest way to get mail or small packages to Sosua? Can you receive orders
from Amazon.com here?

Thank You!!!

Rick

There are quite a few threads about this, saying that there are quite a few courier services that have Miami Addresses that deliver direct to Sosua or wherever you are. On the main drag passing Sosua there is Encargopaq which is in the same shopping center as Fresh Fresh just before getting out of town toward Cabarete on the left. They charge a minimum of 167 pesos per package. and are very reliable.
Der Fish

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I'm a big fan of EPS, headquartered in Angie Wolff's insurance agency on Pedro Clisante in Sosua.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
In the search for the lowest possible price at all costs, sometimes you end up further behind than you need to be. EPS doesn't require a credit card to join (unlike CPS I believe), customs clearance, at least for me, has never been a problem. EPS is very consistent in that I know if my pkg is in Miami before 4pm, it'll be on the flight to the DR the next day so I can reasonably figure out the arrival date in Sosua.

Not every company can please everyone all the time. In the threads I have read over the past year or so, it seems that someone has complained about each of the main freight companies at some point in time. EPS based on my recollection, seems to be a company that is mentioned less than the others but most do reasonably well at delivering the service they offer.

For some, service trumps cost, for others, getting the beer mug here as cheaply as possible so that they can afford to put beer in it when it arrives is more important. To each their own based on their own priorities and needs.

In the end, many of the problems or delays customers encounter are beyond the control of the individual forwarder. I'm sure they all use the same cargo flight each day, so if the plane doesn't fly, or customs in SD throws an tantrum you really can't blame the forwarder. In the end it probably comes down to convenience. Find a company close to where you live, offers email or web updates so you can track your package and pick them. If it works out, great. If not try another.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have been using EPS for over 15 years in different locations. Never a problem. I am sure that they have some kind of hook in
Customs also. Packages clear immediately. May cost a few pesos more, but well worth it to me.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
EPS doesn't require a credit card to join (unlike CPS I believe)
You believe incorrectly. You may be confusing it with the fact that CPS issue new members with a plastic card with CPS information and the member's code-number, but I never needed to use the card.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I was reading the CPS website in the past and I thought they wanted a credit card. I just checked again and don't see that requirement anywhere so I was either in the wrong place before or just mistaken. No harm no foul intended.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I used to get lots of stuff through BM Cargo from Amazon..reasonable and quick!!

I can vouch for BM Cargo as well, have used them for years.

Not sure about Sosua locations, I have always used the one in Plaza Turisol (Puerto Plata).

Never issues with shipments nor service, I was actually surprised when I first opened the account, I was expecting Claro-style customer service from the phone service, but it was quite to the contrary, they picked up the phone always, and answered to every question with precise information.