Highest Temperatures recorded in DR

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I am sweating..... and I bet the south coast is hotter.

The humidity is a killer

Not to go OT but we been having a heatwave for over a week already in NY.

It is currently 92 in NY.

Hate it, hate it, hate it..........................

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I rearrived a week ago........ and have been dying.

My wife came Saturady and is melting fast....even with our nice NoCoast breeze

Back to Canada next week..... soak my head in Lake Huron

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oddly, in July and early August, Lake Huron is often hotter than Cabrera

Again, last week, that was the case

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hate this sh*tty hot weather from the bottom of my rotten heart. gives me constant migraines.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I am sweating..... and I bet the south coast is hotter.

The humidity is a killer

You could swing by my neck of the woods and view icebergs and have a sip of NL iceberg vodka or rum. Lol! Actually it's warm here. 27 or 28 with low humidity. I'll add an extra ice cube to my dark and dirty in your honour. Still a few icebergs in the harbours around the Northern part. After the Titanic movie we had hoardes of Japanese tourists here during the summer to view the icebergs.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
OT but visiting family in the Western USA and it was 115 plus smoke from the fires in California....heading to the East Coast in a couple days to sample the heat and humidity there. Then going back home to DR so I guess I will be prepared.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not to go OT but we been having a heatwave for over a week already in NY.

It is currently 92 in NY.

Hate it, hate it, hate it..........................

The north east gets about 10 nice days a year. When I worked, those occurred during mid-week. Rained 11 straight weekends the first year I had a full time job. Hated it there. Moved as soon as I could. Dominicans find out how much the weather sucks soon after they arrive in Nueva York. (Go Yankees.)

The DR's weather is generally good on the north coast, but not nearly as good as the left coast of the USA (firestorms nothwithstanding.)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
woke upo at 7 am with another headache. popped 3 pills to keep me from chopping the wretched thing off. head still heavy. thanks, danilo.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
It is all in your point view.

I once worked in a steel making (Basic Open Hearth) shop. When it is 90F outside it is really hot inside the shop.
I was wearing 3 layers of wool just to keep cool. Staying was not really a problem working was.
A second helper could lose 10 lbs in an 8 hour shift.

I am just as hot as everyone else but I have been hotter.

I have also been out when the windchill is -70.

DS