Electrician needed!

Marindoporfa

Jul 19, 2016
Hello dr1 community! The power in my apartment occasionally and randomly goes out except for two outlets. Details ahead. Can I be suggested a skilled, patient electrician who is not a thief?

I live in a few years old apartment complex and since April the electricity in my entire apartment randomly cuts off except
only TWO outlets: Both are in the kitchen and work fine. The electricity cut off at a pattern I cannot determine.
It seemingly goes out at random but sometimes I feel like there are patterns but then that idea is quickly discouraged.
It can cut off in the morning, evening, or night. Less frequently it will stay off for the entire day. I have not heard of the
other apartments having this problem. Interestingly, whenever the building's backup generator is the one supplying
power my power has never presented irregularities. I don't think I use excessive amounts of electricity anywhere in the apartment.
Before these problems I usually connected a few devices to an outlet in my room but the breaker does not trip. Nowadays I'll
have only my fan connected to an outlet and the power will still cut off everywhere in the apartment, except for the two outlets
I mentioned.

About the how this started, it wasn't instant. It began as extremely short power outages lasting less than a second.
Then they progressively became longer and longer. I know I said it started April of this year but I actually had the
same problem around this time last year (around June). Back then outages were seconds - minutes long. However,
from September til April of this year, the outages stopped happening completely. I had done nothing to cause that.
Now they've started again and are worse than ever.

I searched past threads requesting electricity help and have seen quite a few people demonstrate knowledge
on home wiring. The following is a list of related vocabulary words I am familiar with:

Main breaker panel

And that's it. I wouldn't dare try to fix it myself but I at least want to have a better idea of what the problem could be before
I call someone.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My first guess is that one "leg" of the two "legs" of your 220 Volt service has an intermittent connection. No idea on electricians in Santo Domingo.