Travel to/from Puerto Rico

May 20, 2012
Hello!
We are interested in a vacation to Puerto Rico, traveling from the DR. We live in Bavaro....anyone know how to get there, where to go in PR and what we might want to bring back?

Basically, anyone done this and how'd it go? General advice welcome too.

Thanks!

Domingo646

Jul 31, 2016
Hello!
We are interested in a vacation to Puerto Rico, traveling from the DR. We live in Bavaro....anyone know how to get there, where to go in PR and what we might want to bring back?

Thanks!

I've heard cruise ships to Puerto Rico book online and the roundtrip cost is around $220 U.S. I checked online and it looked legit.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've heard cruise ships to Puerto Rico book online and the roundtrip cost is around $220 U.S. I checked online and it looked legit.

I think you mean the ferry out of Santo Domingo.

It's a shame that AA stopped their flights to San Juan, not sure who flies there now.

May 20, 2012
Where to visit in PR?

So looks like flying to San Juan is our only option??

But then where to go?
Anyplace we should avoid?
What's it like to drive there? Is there any other way to get around?
Would like to take advantage of good deals on shopping if there are any; anyone know?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
So looks like flying to San Juan is our only option??

But then where to go?
Anyplace we should avoid?
What's it like to drive there? Is there any other way to get around?
Would like to take advantage of good deals on shopping if there are any; anyone know?

My cousin came from Puerto Rico on a ferry a couple of years ago. Landed in Santo Domingo.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Airline - Jetblue, they have flights from Punta Cana.

Where to go, Old San Juan, they have a national park called El Yunque, they have some beaches. They have one All Inclusive Hotel in San Juan but all ppl from there says its very expensive.

Driving there is like driving in USA, they are part of the USA territories, so when you book your flight depending of your nationality you need to check if you needs visa or what process to do because you are going to United States.

El Mayimbe

Jan 25, 2015
There's a ferry you put your car on and take your car from Santo Domingo to mayaguez. It's fairly inexpensive.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The ferry, docked in Santo Domingo

image.jpg

Sorry it's sideways

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello!

Thanks!

There is a ferry that travels from Santo Domingo to San Juan PR. I believe you can take your car on it or rent a vehicle when you get to PR. I don't think there is much in PR that the DR doesn't have except maybe a Walmart. Check with a local travel agent. You need to go through them to book your passage. Good luck and good travels.