2,015 people died electrocuted in DR in the last decade

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Compensating idiots that have been electrocuted..........hmmm.
The Dominican Republic sets the bar for Darwin award recipients.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hence, towels on the refrigerator doors......

wet floor, bare feet, badly wired house = frizzy hair and charred skin

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Is a non grounded appliance the "fault" of an electrical company?

I would argue that way more than 2000 people have been zapped in ten years.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Wonder how many died trying to steal electricity.

I would guess that. SO many steal it and wires run from one house to another without meters. I looked at a house to buy and it was wire ]d from #18 wire coming from the house next door. They assured me that the electricity was gratis!

spartanx15

Jan 26, 2007
I have had a number of incidents with so called electricians. One used white # 14 lamp cord to wire a sub panel. I have never seen Black/White/Green in any of the work I have had done. Had to put in my own ground rods and wire that up. I am not even sure if there is an electrical code in the DR?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wonder how many died trying to steal electricity.

That would be shocking news, eh?

Imagine EDE paying dead people's families who were stealing electricity or if they were shocked to death by a mis-wired appliance. Why would they be entitled to compensation?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
There is no excuse for the electrical utilities in this country not to provide a common ground for every building connected to the grid.

Every person who connects to a buildings circuit breaker panel should be obligated by law to report the work to the utility and a revenue neutral inspection of that work by a non-color blind utility inspector is carried out within 7 days of the work being performed. Interior wiring in new construction should be inspected before the walls are closed.

If the house later burns down because Pedro doesn't know what he is doing fine, but the connection point to the electricity supply is safe and meets minimum standards.

Yes, a few people need to write down what constitutes safe practices, but they can just download those from the internet and it would be a giant leap forward.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There is no excuse for the electrical utilities in this country not to provide a common ground for every building connected to the grid.

Every person who connects to a buildings circuit breaker panel should be obligated by law to report the work to the utility and a revenue neutral inspection of that work by a non-color blind utility inspector is carried out within 7 days of the work being performed. Interior wiring in new construction should be inspected before the walls are closed.

If the house later burns down because Pedro doesn't know what he is doing fine, but the connection point to the electricity supply is safe and meets minimum standards.

Yes, a few people need to write down what constitutes safe practices, but they can just download those from the internet and it would be a giant leap forward.

Dream on!!!!!
They steal they die.!!!!!!

Cccccccc

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016

HAHAHA...ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME, should've, would've, could've. Don't forget this is pretty much close to being third world.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
HAHAHA...ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME...

I didn't say the situation was likely to change, just merely pointing out that there is no technical reason why the utility cannot provide a common ground and could reduce the number of electrocutions through training, regulation and enforcement...if they wanted to. Clearly they don't want to...

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Not surprising considering the incompetency on many levels.
Whereas the number of fatalities is not funny, one shudders to imagine what it would be with luz 24/7

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
I didn't say the situation was likely to change, just merely pointing out that there is no technical reason why the utility cannot provide a common ground and could reduce the number of electrocutions through training, regulation and enforcement...if they wanted to. Clearly they don't want to...

The fact of the matter is anyone working on anything but high voltage has a zero concept of grounding and have no technical staff to train them.