Sosua restaurants

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Hey y'all,
Headed to Sosua this weekend, and Since I was unable to find a decent a decent AI, or condo, am doing the Hotel thing. This means meals out. While I realize that this subject has probably been broached in the past, I'm a lazy f'er, and elect not to use the excellent search feature provided by DR1.

Looking for international restaurants with good service and food. Any inputs would be appreciated. Also, if any DR1ers feel like hooking up, I'd be willing to buy the 1st Presidente.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Hey y'all,
Headed to Sosua this weekend, and Since I was unable to find a decent a decent AI, or condo, am doing the Hotel thing. This means meals out. While I realize that this subject has probably been broached in the past, I'm a lazy f'er, and elect not to use the excellent search feature provided by DR1.

Looking for international restaurants with good service and food. Any inputs would be appreciated. Also, if any DR1ers feel like hooking up, I'd be willing to buy the 1st Presidente.

El Rancho - Calle Dr. Rosen 36, Sos?a, Dominican Republic 809-5714070
If Andy is not on vacation.

Hope you're not too lazy to chew.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Morua Mai, Osteria Toscana, Carpe Diem, Cafe Tropical, Cafe Cubano, Trattoria Italiana, and that Dominican fried fish joint in Los Charamicos across from Caribe Tours.

Morua Mai has incredible paella, BBQ chicken; Osteria Toscana has the best eggplant parm of all time; Carpe Diem is sort of higher end French and the lobster and filet of veal are to die; Cafe Tropical is in the alley across from the big Playero and in addition to having amazing chicken soup, they have the cleanest bathrooms in all of Sosua; Cafe Cubano has great sandwiches and burgers; IMHO the pizza at Trattoria Italiana is the best in Sosua.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Hispaniola Diners Club - fantastic

I would have agreed from the day they opened until this past Saturday. The chef had done a phenomenal job with the asian inspired menu and training the staff. I was recommending it to everyone and regularly taking visitors there.

As of Saturday, the owners decided to change their focus, replaced the head chef, and now the menu is the most generic possible. Nothing on the menu that can't be found anywhere else. I see no reason to go back.

Hispaniola Diner's Club? Unless they improve the menu, it's no longer worthy of the name. A shame.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Why the hell would they get rid of the chef? She made the place...from the get go. Quality asian food on the NC is pretty much non existent, until she showed up. I've been told the menu has changed to meat and potatoes, Good ole german fair with increased prices.

Good luck.

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
Ughhh, I didn't know that. That's a shame because yes, it was really good

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
I'll tell you what, that chef needs a restaurant or more to the point, Sosua needs her to have a restaurant.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Not a food connoisseur but a great Ocean view, peaceful, and good service at Sosua Ocean Village restaurant

Maco

Apr 6, 2008
Hey y'all,

To get both great service with great food I suggest Midtown Sosua restaurant ok Dr. Rosen. Inside the Las Palmeras hotel. Nice international menu that includes fish, steak, pasta as well as great Burgers and chicken dishes.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Had 3 very good dinners at Bologna last week... I have to say they slipped just a tad, as one night was a little heavy on the salt, but overall VERY good.
And imo, quite a bargain, esp for like the pasta dishes with real generous shrimp and seafood, and a big Langosta on top.
Morua mai had excellent Filets, regular and Angus. But imo way overpriced for such a small cut of meat, but quality was very good.
Service is off too, they completely forgot our Shrimp Cocktail appetizer and had to bring the Surf part of my surf and turf separately as they forgot that as well.

Also BIG thumbs up and cosign for Rancho ( post # 2), and Andy's culinary skills.. Nothing beats his Schnitzel and the rest of the menu is also very good.

Excellent thread btw, I will be following it very closely as I am no stranger to a knife and fork myself.. lol

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
with real generous shrimp and seafood, and a big Langosta on top.

You had to go there!!!!!!!

lobster-king-1024x941.jpg

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Have not tried it yet, but I would think that Fat Herman's restaurant in La Mulata where the German Butcher used to be should be good. Waiting to hear on this though.