Watch USA TV Netforks for free, legally

Feb 7, 2007
www.ustvnow.com

You must use non-USA IP address (yes weird) ... if you use USA IP address or USA DNS proxy you will not be able to get access ... also make sure you click the box asking if you are US Citizen when you sign up.

You can also link with your Roku and watch on your TV.

Included in free plan: ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS, MyTV

This seems to be a legit (non-pirate) source.
Some reviews: http://cordcutting.com/review-of-ustv-now/

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If that site works, that's the answer for the person who was looking for free and I assume easy access to NBC's coverage of the Olympics.

Thx for passing on the link.

Feb 7, 2007
oh yes, it does work, of course. I would not have posted the link if I haven't tried it.
I have it running in Chrome as well as on Roku. On Roku I get HD stream.

VnNVzJrl.png

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
On Roku I've always gotten it choppy here in the DR. Are you guys getting it normal, as if it were a HD satellite feed?

Feb 7, 2007
It's not like terrestrial HD, but it is very close to what Claro TV would call HD ... a really compressed HD. But form the distance of 8-12 feet, even on big screen TV (42"), it looks quite good.

Feb 7, 2007
Oh and I discovered a way to get free USA-based cable TV channels (for a week, then you need to repeat the process).

Get Entropay prepaid card ($5 is fine) at www.entropay.com
Load up using your DR or USA card (Visa, MC, etc.)

Go to www.sling.com using Getflix or Unlocator Smart DNS.
Create a free account, sign up for a 7 day trial.
Get the biggest package with all the add ons you ever wanted.
Use your Entropay prepaid card with any USA address (Preferably NYC zip code, so you get local channels).
Download Sling channel/app into your device (e.g. Roku, Fire TV, or web browser app)
Enjoy all your channels for a week.
Do not forget to go to settings within the Sling app/channel on your device and set up streaming settings and quality according to your Internet speed.

Cancel before the week is over, anyway if the prepaid card has just 5 US$ loaded, you will not be billed.
Log out of Sling TV app (you may need to remove device/app to reset setting, and install again).

Rinse and repeat.

If for some reason Sling detects your repetitive card number use, just generate a new card number in Entropay (it's free and then it costs just US$0.20 if you need to move any funds).

Just loaded up the biggest Sling "trial" package into my Roku.

Edit: And I just discovered there is also a video library of past episodes of series/shows broadcasted on individual channels, all accessible via Sling. It's usually most recent 3-5 episodes, sometimes more.

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
oh yes, it does work, of course. I would not have posted the link if I haven't tried it.
I have it running in Chrome as well as on Roku. On Roku I get HD stream.

Me and my poor choice of words. I wasn't implying it wouldn't work, "If this works..." was more a figure of speech or a segue that I should have written like this, "If this works for that person who..."

Sorry for the confusion.

Rgds.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The one time having a US IP address with my cable modem here in the DR works against me, so I cannot us USTVNOW.

But I have IPTV methods using a MAG254 set top box, or using KODI . About 800 channels world wide and many new movies. Always good to have other methods since you never know when one will go down.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
The link does not work for me. I get this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Might be a problem with my ip address. Weather.com thinks I am in Great Britain, for example. It always routes me to the GB site. I am in DR.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Cancel before the week is over, anyway if the prepaid card has just 5 US$ loaded, you will not be billed.
Log out of Sling TV app (you may need to remove device/app to reset setting, and install again).

Rinse and repeat.

Interested to see if this works for you. My experience with Android apps is when you remove the app and reinstall it, it still detects that you used the trial.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
www.ustvnow.com

You must use non-USA IP address (yes weird) ... if you use USA IP address or USA DNS proxy you will not be able to get access ... also make sure you click the box asking if you are US Citizen when you sign up.

You can also link with your Roku and watch on your TV.

Included in free plan: ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS, MyTV

This seems to be a legit (non-pirate) source.
Some reviews: http://cordcutting.com/review-of-ustv-now/

This is really easy. I loaded a free version of "zenmate" on my laptop to mask my IP address. You can select Germany, Korea, Belgium etc.,
It works great. I did it because on the MLB TV package they black out home baseball games......but not when you mask your IP.
I plug my laptop into my TV and stream all kinds of free stuff. Make sure you have a good add blocker if you go to
streaming sites that are cough cough free. (UBlock Origin) is good.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
The link does not work for me. I get this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Might be a problem with my ip address. Weather.com thinks I am in Great Britain, for example. It always routes me to the GB site. I am in DR.

Who is your provider? If it's Comcast, the IP is in Miami.

Feb 7, 2007
Interested to see if this works for you. My experience with Android apps is when you remove the app and reinstall it, it still detects that you used the trial.

Well, if on the phone, make sure you clear data and cache before uninstalling. But I did Sling on Roku, and trial was set up on PC, and then I just logged into app using username & password form the trial that was set up on the PC. But I will report in a week.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Me and my poor choice of words. I wasn't implying it wouldn't work, "If this works..." was more a figure of speech or a segue that I should have written like this, "If this works for that person who..."

Sorry for the confusion.

Rgds.

I do purely lurve how every syllable needs to be parsed here.....Carry on.