Hola :) first time in DR

WOLF-tourist

Aug 9, 2016
Hello. I am Wolf :nervous:
Soon will fly to DR. The first time in my lifw I will be in that part of the world. Now living in Europe.
I have some questions about where is it better to have a holiday? I am planing to visit Puerto Plata. And thinking then to visit to Bahamas from there.
Can somebody help me to find any boat, yacht or something sailing from DR to Bahamas? I dont want to fly. It will be interesting for me to feel the ocean. I will be the first time in and on the ocean ")
Gracias
Hope will find some friends from this forum
I am a man, by the way :)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello. I am Wolf :nervous:
Soon will fly to DR. The first time in my lifw I will be in that part of the world. Now living in Europe.
I have some questions about where is it better to have a holiday? I am planing to visit Puerto Plata. And thinking then to visit to Bahamas from there.
Can somebody help me to find any boat, yacht or something sailing from DR to Bahamas? I dont want to fly. It will be interesting for me to feel the ocean. I will be the first time in and on the ocean ")
Gracias
Hope will find some friends from this forum
I am a man, by the way :)

Wolf:

Are you flying into Puerta Plata? Do you have a reservation at a hotel there? If not I would consider spending time on the Samana Peninsula on the Northeast side of the DR. Go to Las Terrenas. Some of the best beaches in the country and a large European population of ex-pats. The only way you can go to the Bahamas from the DR is probably fly to Florida and then to the Bahamas. There are no boats private or public that will make the trip. Sounds like you need to do a little more home work.

WOLF-tourist

Aug 9, 2016
Wolf:

Are you flying into Puerta Plata? Do you have a reservation at a hotel there? If not I would consider spending time on the Samana Peninsula on the Northeast side of the DR. Go to Las Terrenas. Some of the best beaches in the country and a large European population of ex-pats. The only way you can go to the Bahamas from the DR is probably fly to Florida and then to the Bahamas. There are no boats private or public that will make the trip. Sounds like you need to do a little more home work.

Ooooh thats bad. I need to get to Bahamas after, if it is no possible from DR that will be problem for me. Because to fly to Florida I need a transit visa to US, I cant make it now. I thought that will be no problem to find any yacht or boat or any cruise. Yeah I am flying to Puerto Plata. And not, didnt have a reservation yet. I am just now looking for a hotel.

Thank you for your reply, you really gave me important information.

josephk

Aug 8, 2016
Welcome Wolf! LtSteve is right... no boats from DR to Bahamas... either way you can get a private boat,
but you will find this a very expensive and time consuming journey.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Hi Wolf, try calling the Marina at Ocean World in Puerto Plata.. http://oceanworldmarina.com/
Ask them if they know of any boats that will be departing for Turks & Caicos or the Bahamas. I just took a boat from there to Cape Canaveral Florida in April and it's a possibility although quite difficult to find. Good luck and Las Terrenas is one of my favorite places on the Island too so I highly recommend you experience it before you go.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Welcome Wolf. The marina in Luperon is not as active as it once was, but personal sail boats do stop there. Maybe find one there to take you on as full bodied seaman.

WOLF-tourist

Aug 9, 2016
Hi Wolf, try calling the Marina at Ocean World in Puerto Plata..
Ask them if they know of any boats that will be departing for Turks & Caicos or the Bahamas. I just took a boat from there to Cape Canaveral Florida in April and it's a possibility although quite difficult to find. Good luck and Las Terrenas is one of my favorite places on the Island too so I highly recommend you experience it before you go.

Welcome Wolf. The marina in Luperon is not as active as it once was, but personal sail boats do stop there. Maybe find one there to take you on as full bodied seaman.

Thank you guys. You are all cool :) and I will visit Las Terrenas for sure :) it is getting interesting for me, to what special is there, that you recommended me
I will find some information in Marina. If it will not help me, I will try to find some sailors from Cuba. I just want to see Bahamas also, because maybe I will not have such opportunity to be visit this part of the world :)
And I found the flight from Puerto Plata to Bahamas, but it is flying to Turks & Caicos then from there to Bahamas. Turks & Caicos is asking for transit visa too :) us I understood it is not possible to get transit visa in airport

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Welcome Wolf! LtSteve is right... no boats from DR to Bahamas... either way you can get a private boat,
but you will find this a very expensive and time consuming journey.

It will be almost impossible to find a charter boat to take you from the DR to the Bahamas. Why is it so important to get there? If it is than I would fly into Nassua or Grand Bahama. You might find a charter on line from the Bahamas to the DR but because of the hassle of being in DR waters most boats avoid this. Good luck but I would fly into Fla and then to the Bahamas. Good luck and good travels.

WOLF-tourist

Aug 9, 2016
It will be almost impossible to find a charter boat to take you from the DR to the Bahamas. Why is it so important to get there? If it is than I would fly into Nassua or Grand Bahama. You might find a charter on line from the Bahamas to the DR but because of the hassle of being in DR waters most boats avoid this. Good luck but I would fly into Fla and then to the Bahamas. Good luck and good travels.

It is the part of my journey :) thats why it is important. I cant fly to FL just because need a transit visa. And the same for Turks & Caicos island. The is a flight trough Turks & Caicos, and the same problem, transit visa.
As I see it is not possible to find any charter from DR to Bahamas.
If you can find something for real, I will be happy.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
It is the part of my journey :) thats why it is important. I cant fly to FL just because need a transit visa. And the same for Turks & Caicos island. The is a flight trough Turks & Caicos, and the same problem, transit visa.
As I see it is not possible to find any charter from DR to Bahamas.
If you can find something for real, I will be happy.

Maybe into and out of Panama City?

WOLF-tourist

Aug 9, 2016
The only option to get there for you seams to be flying with Copa with stop in Panama, depending on de date, was checking that cost 646.00 cheapest.

Ooo thats cool. Can you send me the link? How can I see that flight? Panama dont need transit visa. Thats good idea.
International travellers in transit in Panama do not require a visa provided they don’t pass immigration and are staying less than nine hours.

WOLF-tourist

Aug 9, 2016
Maybe into and out of Panama City?

Thank you guys for your answers. You really help me a lot :)
I found a way. From Santo Domingo to Panama city, and From Panama City to Nassau. That will be a lil bit expensive but I know that I can get there too :)