Where to buy parts for older cars?

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Good day, I have a 1970 Nova that I need some parts for. I tried to order them online but the shipping was going to run me over $150 just for basic shipping. I was wondering if anybody knows a spot anywhere on the island that sells parts for these older cars. I know that a lot of people like to restore these cars so I was just wondering where do you guys get your parts. All I need is a mastar cylinder and brake booster as of now

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Good day, I have a 1970 Nova that I need some parts for. I tried to order them online but the shipping was going to run me over $150 just for basic shipping. I was wondering if anybody knows a spot anywhere on the island that sells parts for these older cars. I know that a lot of people like to restore these cars so I was just wondering where do you guys get your parts. All I need is a mastar cylinder and brake booster as of now

I would check the online yellow pages for Mimmi junk yards. Last I knew most of them spoke Spanish one could look hard for one where you could converse in English. and were well acquainted in shipping to Latin countries. Cannot say how much shipping a used master cylinder and booster would be, but that sounds quite high!
Der Fish

Jan 9, 2004

You are not likely to find anyone that would carry these parts...as demand might be once every ten years..if you are lucky.

Contact these guys and you may have some luck. Also, you can probably source your parts in Puerto Rico....just not sure of shipping costs.

CAACRD Club De Autos Antiguos Y Classicos De Republica Dominicana (809) 803-2203

Absent that, buy in the US and find a mudanza to bring them in. Based on my shipping costs for a large box, I cannot imagine your shipping costs more than $25-30 via a mudanza.

Good Luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Perhaps consider buying rebuild kits for both items and have them redone. They are very simple parts to rebuild.

Apr 7, 2014
Your best bet it to make an acquaintance in the US who is coming and get them to get one and bring it to you. That is the least stressful and cheapest.
Other than is to look for cross compatibility amongst other GM vehicles which you may have an easier time procuring in the DR.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Your best bet it to make an acquaintance in the US who is coming and get them to get one and bring it to you. That is the least stressful and cheapest.
Other than is to look for cross compatibility amongst other GM vehicles which you may have an easier time procuring in the DR.

Good point. Hitting Isabela Aguiar or Villa Juana with original parts in hand may be the ticket.

But, as someone who has bought a TON of parts.. Buying from rockauto.com and shipping it down with a mail forwarder is almost always cheaper than buying locally.

Feb 7, 2007
Good point. Hitting Isabela Aguiar or Villa Juana with original parts in hand may be the ticket.

But, as someone who has bought a TON of parts.. Buying from rockauto.com and shipping it down with a mail forwarder is almost always cheaper than buying locally.

Actually, get a part # from rockauto and then search on Amazon, frequently the price is cheaper there and with prime you get 2 day free shipping (who doesn't have prime anyway?) And if yu do not have prime, get Amazon Business Account with free 2-day shipping on orders over $49.

Jan 9, 2004

Good point on trying a rebuild, particularly if the OP has original parts to begin with. Some auto purists would never consider using some of the poor quality but good prices on parts from rock auto or car parts.com......particularly as they relate to brakes/braking.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2