Delancer Cable - Missing HD channels - Sosua area

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Anyone else not currently receiving HD CBS, ABC, NBC (Channel 829, 828, 287)?

These disappeared for me a couple of days ago and haven't yet come back. I'll stop into Delancer this morning to get their excuse of the day. Still really annoyed at the loss of Global TV (830) and it not yet being replaced by another Canadian station as promised more than a month ago.

I think it's time to call Claro again, even if I need to run my own cable from the the drop to my house.

Thx.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I reported the outage several days ago and again yesterday. Still waiting for the tech dept to respond with a repair.

Jul 28, 2014
Anyone else not currently receiving HD CBS, ABC, NBC (Channel 829, 828, 287)?

These disappeared for me a couple of days ago and haven't yet come back. I'll stop into Delancer this morning to get their excuse of the day. Still really annoyed at the loss of Global TV (830) and it not yet being replaced by another Canadian station as promised more than a month ago.

I think it's time to call Claro again, even if I need to run my own cable from the the drop to my house.

Thx.

Why are you not out in the real world partaking in libations, instead of making sure the foam in your arm chair is further compressed ;)

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
All is well...HD was repaired from Playero! In the check out line there was a Delancer tech behind us & my husband explained the problem he called it in and a cable connection was not plugged in all the way and the Miami HD channels are now back in action. Watching all the traffic and Miami crime news helps you appreciate the DR even more!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I was there at 9am and they assured me it would be dealt with and it was, as others and my wife have told me when I got home late this afternoon.

Now If I can just get an english language Canadian channel back...

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
For my complex I had tv and Internet with Delancer. After 3 months of slow Internet and getting the speed I paid for I switched to claro. Not my Internet is very fast. Next trip to pop I am trying to get fiber run to my complex for tv and internet. Wish me luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I wish you luck. See if you can convince Claro to run fiber into my place on the way to yours. When I was in Lomas, fiber was great. Where I am now, I don't think there are a lot of Claro subscribers so there is not a lot of impetus to upgrade their service offerings here. Too bad Claro don't subscribe to the "build it and they will come" model.

I am at my wits end with Delancer, again. While the service is generally operational and outages are short, they are more frequent than one would think they need to be. Delancer is definitely way too expensive for what they offer. I need to find someone at Claro who would receive and act on a stack of letters requesting fiber service into my enclave in exchange for a willingness to switch to Claro by the majority of residents. If only Claro would come in and switch everyone over in a day or two sin the normal hassles of account creation and preparatory wiring conduit installation it could be win win for everyone, except Delancer.

Delancer steadfastly refuses to adapt and offer competitive pricing because they know switching providers requires some serious determination than many just won't undertake in lieu of the status quo.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Ok received your PM - "Next trip to pop I am trying to get fiber run to my complex for tv and internet." for your information Fiber is not available at your location, for Sosua/Cabarete the only location where it's possible are Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mironas, Torre Alta, Playa Laguna and La Mulata.

I sent you a p.m.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Ok received your PM - "Next trip to pop I am trying to get fiber run to my complex for tv and internet." for your information Fiber is not available at your location, for Sosua/Cabarete the only location where it's possible are Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mironas, Torre Alta, Playa Laguna and La Mulata.
Where is Torre Alta in Sosua/Cabarete ? I know of it in Puerto Plata. Also - according to Claro - there is NO fiber optic in Playa Laguna. But maybe it depends on who you talk to ? :D

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Sorry Torre Alta = PP
Playa Laguna = perhaps there is Fiber in Sea Horse

Where is Torre Alta in Sosua/Cabarete ? I know of it in Puerto Plata. Also - according to Claro - there is NO fiber optic in Playa Laguna. But maybe it depends on who you talk to ? :D

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua

Yes, there IS fiber optic from Claro in Playa Laguina. It has been there for 2 years now.