spanish man killed during robbery attempt

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Very close to where I used to live. Not good. Even Bella Vista has the delincuency problem now.

The Ladrones are not looking to rob poor people in the barrios. They head out to nicer neighborhoods to get some people with money.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Cars like Q7 are a dime a dozen and there are other lower profile ways to steal them. I think that there is much more to the story

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Cars like Q7 are a dime a dozen and there are other lower profile ways to steal them. I think that there is much more to the story

I don't think they would try to steal the car. What I find strange is that the shot at him apparently with the window closed and from the passenger side. (Passenger window is hit and the guy is hit in. His right side). So I guess it wasn't a normal robbery. /hercule poirot mode off.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
This was most likely a drug related or a dept related attempted murder. Either way, the two dudes that fired from the motorcycle were sicarios, not common robbers.
Robbers rob things, these guys didn't rob anything, they shot him several times and inmediately escaped.

I feel like there's a recent spike in drug related murders in the past few weeks. I guess muggers are discovering that drug dealing is a much more profitable and safe business in a country like DR, than going around in the street assaulting random people and getting lynched by a crowd.

Last edited:

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
So what's the consensus here? This Spanish guy was involved in drug dealing and he was singled out for attack by some criminals?