Pay Claro from the United States?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Crazy question, but anyone know if I would be able to pay for Claro Internet from the US. I have a sister in-law who is really sick, and I really want to be able to reach her through the Internet, see her, etc.. Sounds silly but I know it would keep her spirits high as she's like a sister to me. Anyway, she is refusing to let me put Internet in for her.. I was thinking if I could put it in with my husbands cedula, and then pay from here.. (My husband is here in the USA).. My last resort is to have a friend who lives there do it for me.. but would prefer to just do it via the internet..

Thanks in advance!!

Jennifer

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
A little different approach, if she has a claro cell phone , pay as you go, you can use www.moblerecharge.com to add minutes to her phone.
That's how I keep my sim card active.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
A little different approach, if she has a claro cell phone , pay as you go, you can use www.moblerecharge.com to add minutes to her phone.
That's how I keep my sim card active.
Good luck.

Thank you.. Great idea.. but I want to actually video chat with her.. I speak to her daily by calling her.. but I'd really love it if she has internet.. she also loves Youtube videos, etc..

Thank you though..

Jenny

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro will send you a bill by EMail. You need to call them and also set up payment by Credit or Debit Card. This option is available.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Thank you.. Great idea.. but I want to actually video chat with her.. I speak to her daily by calling her.. but I'd really love it if she has internet.. she also loves Youtube videos, etc..

Thank you though..

Jenny
If she has a smart phone she can do all of those things.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
........, and I really want to be able to reach her through the Internet, see her, etc.. Sounds silly................

Thanks in advance!!

Jennifer

Does NOT sound silly at all. If possible I think your best bet would be to install high speed internet for her with a monthly plan. Several posts have mentioned ways to recharge her prepaid phone and stay in touch this way. The downside of that using internet with prepaid can get quite expensive especially doing videos.

Have the bill emailed to you and pay Claro online.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
If she has a smart phone she can do all of those things.

Yeah I just think with the data usage on a prepaid it goes quick.. When I lived in the DR, my internet went out for 2 months and I used Banda Ancha for those 2 months.. I had to put 3gig recharge every 13 days to keep working.. It was liek 1200 pesos if I remember right.. that's expensive...but thank you.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Does NOT sound silly at all. If possible I think your best bet would be to install high speed internet for her with a monthly plan. Several posts have mentioned ways to recharge her prepaid phone and stay in touch this way. The downside of that using internet with prepaid can get quite expensive especially doing videos.

Have the bill emailed to you and pay Claro online.

Yes! Thank you.. Exactly what I was thinking. When I lived in the DR we lost our internet and I had to keep working (I work online) I used to have to recharge my banda ancha every 12-13 days and spent a fortune.. instead of just paying 1300 pesos a month for Claro's hard wired internet.. or with a wifi modem.. either.. but no more prepago for me.. :) Thanks for understanding.. :)

Jenny

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Great responses.. Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond. Some great ideas, and for the prepaid responses.. I will look into them into sending her some recharges. Right now I do use Ezetop (I know it's been bought out but I still go to that site and I think it redirects to some other company.. I used to send myself recharges instead of walking to the store in the hot sun when I lived there.. lol.. Anyway.. Thanks again

Jennifer

PS- Just realized Ezetop is now forwarded to Ding.. cool.