Celebration of the life of Tom Whitehead

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Please join us in celebrating the life of Tom Whitehead, who recently passed away after a brave 4 year battle with cancer. Tom was a 12 year resident of the island and a true animal lover. He and his wife Tanya worked relentlessly to improve the health and well-being of the animals in Sosua as well as all along the north coast of the D.R. He was a founding member of Dogs and Cats of the Dominican Republic and his work will continue on through this organization. Tom was an avid golfer and we invite anyone interested to join us on Saturday, September 3rd at the Playa Dorada golf course at 8 a.m. to play a round in his honor. We will then have a celebration of his life from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Parada Tipica El Choco Restaurant in Sosua.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
4tv7tu.png

Tom & Negrita at Playa Dorada

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I have to give credit to my other half for the picture and post.... I am not that tech savy, but wanted to get the celebration information out there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
God speed, Tom.

I had the pleasure of meeting and playing golf with this fine gentleman. He was a credit to what
the real expat should be: respectful, quiet, and dedicated to a good cause. He was a gentleman in
every sense of the word.

HB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
4tv7tu.png

Tom & Negrita at Playa Dorada

sorry to miss this

but we all should note Tom's sleeves
they are UPF sleeves to protect your skin...

We (melanoma club members) all wear them...

Sort of cool, but not really.... more necessity than fashion.

I will think of him and Tanya on the day....

Play well boys, in honour of Tom....
Gimme's extended to 3 feet..............hahaha