Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Robbed in Bavaro

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Robbed in Bavaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    The murder was reported by the Canadian Broadcasting National news yesterday. Tourist season is not that far away. Not a good thing to broadcast. A lot of Canadians shied away from Mexico last year because of the violence against tourists. Violence against Canadians in the DR is still rare, however, media hyped stories have the ability to affect Canada-DR tourism.
    And do you think DR government cares?
    Recently a friend of mine, foreigner, was drugged and robbed at a prominent bar in Bavaro by prostitutes hanging out at that bar! Went to the police and they asked the victim to get the video footage which the bar didn't have so the police said they cannot help. This is not the first case in that bar and No my friend wasn't looking for hookers, these ladies came and chat with him and insisted he invite them for a drink.
    government doesn't give a damn as to what happens to foreigners.

  2. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
  3. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KITTU View Post
    And do you think DR government cares?
    Recently a friend of mine, foreigner, was drugged and robbed at a prominent bar in Bavaro by prostitutes hanging out at that bar! Went to the police and they asked the victim to get the video footage which the bar didn't have so the police said they cannot help. This is not the first case in that bar and No my friend wasn't looking for hookers, these ladies came and chat with him and insisted he invite them for a drink.
    government doesn't give a damn as to what happens to foreigners.
    Interesting story. You say "drugged and robbed at a prominent bar." The robbery happened at the bar?

  4. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franco1111 View Post
    Interesting story. You say "drugged and robbed at a prominent bar." The robbery happened at the bar?
    They can happen anywhere at any time for as little as a 8 year old $25 smartphone

  5. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franco1111 View Post
    Interesting story. You say "drugged and robbed at a prominent bar." The robbery happened at the bar?
    There case of robbery happened at the bar, the victim was not drugged This particular case, the victim was given a drink, he neither speak English or spanish, lives next to the bar! Woke up in his appartment, stolen of his tablet, money etc. How did this happen? Well in this prominent bar there's two people who are always looking out to trap foreigners. They speak perfect english and spanish and are friends with every gringo that goes to the bar. They sent the prostitutes to the victims table and as mentioned earlier, the victim woke up next morning in his appartment robbed. I made a detailed enquiry as things were not matching up and found out that the origin of these robberies in that bar.

  6. Likes Rustxko liked this post
  7. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KITTU View Post
    There case of robbery happened at the bar, the victim was not drugged This particular case, the victim was given a drink, he neither speak English or spanish, lives next to the bar! Woke up in his appartment, stolen of his tablet, money etc. How did this happen? Well in this prominent bar there's two people who are always looking out to trap foreigners. They speak perfect english and spanish and are friends with every gringo that goes to the bar. They sent the prostitutes to the victims table and as mentioned earlier, the victim woke up next morning in his appartment robbed. I made a detailed enquiry as things were not matching up and found out that the origin of these robberies in that bar.
    Can you pm me with the name of the bar? And who are the two people. I go to at least four bars in Bavaro on a regular basis - I think it cannot be one of the ones where we go. I know the owners or manager of each of these. And, at least three of them would not let this happen. I sure don't want to go to this bar.

    Not that I buy hookers drinks - buying for all three of us that usually go and random others is enough : ) And, we always leave together without anyone else.

  8. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    21,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I call a "aBull$hit"on the entire story!!!!!!
    Ccccc c

  9. Likes shorts, JDJones, barker1964, KITTU, PJT and 2 others liked this post
  10. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    I call a "aBull$hit"on the entire story!!!!!!
    Ccccc c
    you may be right... but why do you say that ?

    was it not also in Bavaro (going by memory) also where an AI was hit, like 8 rooms robbed of everything.. I dont ever recall reading about it here, unless I missed it
    And of Course the Hotel completely denied it, like 8 people who dont know each other are going to Conspire to make up a story like that.
    things happen, just cuz you did not hear or read about it does not mean it did not happen..

  11. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The drugged part is what I never believe. Any time you start a robbery story with "In a bar" and "prostitutes at the table", I'm like okay, but as soon as you throw in "drugged", I start thinking bull.

    I've heard too many guys say they were drugged, and in reality, they got blind drunk with hookers they didn't know, then they took them home, and the ladies woke up first, helped themselves to anything of value, and decided to leave.

  12. Likes shorts, Garyexpat, frank12, Fulano2, ramesses and 2 others liked this post
  13. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KITTU View Post
    Recently a friend of mine, foreigner, was drugged and robbed at a prominent bar in Bavaro
    by prostitutes hanging out at that bar!
    Note to self:
    When invited to have free drink with prostitutes at bar in third world country....say no.

  14. Likes Garyexpat, frank12 liked this post
  15. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustxko View Post
    The drugged part is what I never believe. Any time you start a robbery story with "In a bar" and "prostitutes at the table", I'm like okay, but as soon as you throw in "drugged", I start thinking bull.

    I've heard too many guys say they were drugged, and in reality, they got blind drunk with hookers they didn't know, then they took them home, and the ladies woke up first, helped themselves to anything of value, and decided to leave.
    You are probably RIGHT..
    But its not that hard to drug someone , esp when they been drinking.. there was a rash of " roofie" drugging a little while back , I think 2010 11

    Also , from my own experience, did you ever get a pain killer from your doctor, and wake up like 2 PM the next day... a day you were SUPPOSED to be at work, at like 9 am, and you slept right through the alarm and all.
    yeah.. it has happened to all us, in the most innocent of situations ..

    Now add Alcohol, even just 2 drinks to any of those drugs ..
    its not so hard to drug someone without them even knowing it.

    and usually waking up in the afternoon, after sleeping like 14 + Hours straight , is a pretty darn good indicator..
    Maybe that is what tipped off the old man , that plus all his Stuff is gone ..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •