internet

Nicolita

Jan 5, 2002
let me first start out by saying that i am........ computer... illiterate... i know a few things about computers... for example how to turn it on....... that's about the extent of my computer... wisdom....
anyways.... i am finding that it is impossible to send an email without having some form of an internet server...... ( yes i am THAT dumb!) are there any internet servers there in the DR that offer you access to the internet ONLY for emails ... i really have no use for the rest of it (i am trying to cut the costs)... i know that codetel is a big phone company there... do they offer internet services? any one that could provide me with a little knowledge.... would be of great help!!! thanks so much....
yours truly....
Nicolita

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you have your own computer and want internet connection, I'm pretty sure that email comes with it. If your using a computer elsewhere you can sign up for free with hotmail.com or mail.com
Maybe someone else can explain it better. Not sure what you mean by ( I don't need everything else)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, Codetel offers internet service and yes, an email address comes with it. Additionally, you can sign up for email service with any of the web based companies, such as hotmail, yahoo, etc., once you have your email connection.

I am getting internet service from codetel and have a codetel email address. I also have kept addresses I had previously with hotmail and yahoo.

Whether or not you use the internet connection for other things, such as visiting other websites, is up to you. You can use it for just email or for everything available on the internet; charge is the same either way.

Codetel has a variety of plans. How much time you plan to spend on the internet will influence your decision. I spend a lot of time on the internet so have unlimited time. But may more for this than I would if I had an account that gave me a specific number of hours per month.