CHOPOS at the CASANDRA

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Those who have had a chance to see all the re-runs and the actual show at the Casandra Awards must have by now made up your own mind as to who were the winners and losers.

I have different selections:

CHOPOS at the Casandra: Fernandito Villalona, wearing a short brim hat with an ill-fitted suit. He looked like a Puerto Rican farmer at his daughters' communion. He was flanked by two of the ugliest chopas you've ever seen. A sorry spectacle. Thank god the academy did not select him for a major award.

WORST DRESSED: Fernandito Villalona, who else? The worst dressed woman? Overweight Jhatna. She looked like a BOTERO model for a still life painting. Joseito Mateo was a joke, wearing a white satin suit with the flag colors. Supposed to be the King of Merengue, but in my opinion, the man could never sing. Wilfrido Vargas wore a regular tie with a tuxedo!!!!What a clown. Most of the men trying to be avant-garde wore their four botton jackets with only the top botton closed living the other three open. This is the new chopo way of wearing suits. How could they? They all bought the same dark grey shirt and the same dark tie. Hilarious!!Many wore the already tired red tie over red shirt look.

BEST DRESSED:Selinee Mendez, dressed in a red Versace. She blew every woman in there away. Ivonne Beras came second best in black. The most used designer Leonel Lirio is a copycat. Most men used Hipolito Pena, a designer who would not be a corner tailor in New York.
Best dressed for the men: Los Ilegales. They look good wearing anything. In this case they looked like they were ready to play in a concert.Cool and confident and super chic.

SUPER CHOPOS: Comedian Raymond Pozo. A cocolo from San Pedro or La Romana. He arrived, if you can believe this, wearing a suit in a red Corvette. Wrong car and clothes for the event. I hear he also drove over the red carpet. The guy has never made me laugh either. All his companions were chopos too. Fefita La Grande is the biggest chopa of them all, but she can be forgiven, that's her style and call to fame.

Now, lets wait for Chopos at the Grammy's. Potential Chopo winner:Santana and Celia Cruz

TW

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Don't forget the "Queen of all Chopas" Jennifer Lopez! Or as we like to call her......J-Ho!

Let us be honest here. Just about anybody who makes a living by performing popular music(Gringo, Euro or Latin) is probobly a Chopo!

Tony C.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
I'd change bodies with J Lo anytime

Tony C said:
Don't forget the "Queen of all Chopas" Jennifer Lopez! Or as we like to call her......J-Ho!

Let us be honest here. Just about anybody who makes a living by performing popular music(Gringo, Euro or Latin) is probobly a Chopo!

Tony C.

I only "Wish" I had Jennifer's body, as I am sure many that criticise her do. She is not only physically beautiful. but an excellent artist, her singing leaves something to be desired though

Janice

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: I'd change bodies with J Lo anytime

Janice said:

I only "Wish" I had Jennifer's body, as I am sure many that criticise her do. She is not only physically beautiful. but an excellent artist, her singing leaves something to be desired though

Janice

Her Famous Butt not withstanding, I see many women everyday who are much more attractive than Ms Lopez.
As far as being an artist.....She is a mediocre dancer and a terrible singer. Her acting ability is not even worth mentioning. So how is she an excellent artist? She is just a product of an excellent media campaign.

Tony C.

DRMarine

Jan 25, 2002
Re: Re: I'd change bodies with J Lo anytime

Tony C said:

Her Famous Butt not withstanding, I see many women everyday who are much more attractive than Ms Lopez.
As far as being an artist.....She is a mediocre dancer and a terrible singer. Her acting ability is not even worth mentioning. So how is she an excellent artist? She is just a product of an excellent media campaign.

Tony C.

I agree that J-Lo is not miss universe type material. However, the way she carries herself is what drives men (like me) crazy! her cute laugh and her dancing are her best qualities. You're right when you say that she's not a good singer but I can't believe that you would categorize her as a "mediocre" dancer! out of everything she does, that's what she does best. She is far from mediocre when it comes to shaking that ass!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Tony C

Tony C:

I agree with you in one sense about J-lo. She is a full-blown-minded chopa.(I mean her mind, not her looks or talent)Just look at the company she keeps. She has married people beneath her looks and human condition.

However, she has made some progress and most times she looks very well dressed. She has one thing going for her: a great body, gorgeous features, lots of talent and charisma. She never dissapoints her fans. I do not like her music style, but I have enjoyed some of her movies, like Anaconda, where she looks terrific.

But comparing her to Dominican chopas is unfair. Our chopas are gross compared to J-lo. In fact, our so-called Megadivas or TV hostesses who try to imitate her, are millions of miles away from being even close to J-lo. There is not one Dominican woman with as much talent in any show biz area as J-lo.

TW

Papito

Jan 23, 2002
Chopas Better than J-LO

Golo please...

There are some Chopas in the DR, that make J-LO look like a skank, it's just that the Chopas don't have the money or cloths, that J-Lo has. But one thing is for sure, you can't take the South Bronx out of J-LO!! Man going out with Puffy, what a waste.

AZB.. Theres got to be a few in SANTIAGO...?????

Papito

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Papito

Papito: you are right in many respects about JLO. We have some chopas here that look just as good. AZB's got some in his stable ready to throw at Jlo.

But one thing is certain. Jlo has a combination that few women have....Good dancer, good singer, good actress, a super body, sexy face and appeal, charisma and lots of self-confidence. She is a step below Madonna, but much better than the rest. Britney Spears could be just as good, but the jury is still out. Britney is not a Chopa though. Jlo has a chopa mentality.

TW