New Mattress

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
I need to buy a new mattress ( queen size ). I used to know a place in Santiago that sold Serta mattresses but it's gone ( maybe it moved locals not sure ). Anybody know of a good place in Santiago that's sells decent mattresses.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I need to buy a new mattress ( queen size ). I used to know a place in Santiago that sold Serta mattresses but it's gone ( maybe it moved locals not sure ). Anybody know of a good place in Santiago that's sells decent mattresses.
Price Smart?

There is a store on Ramon Dubert near FedEx that sells mattresses, as well as a store on Bartolome Colon & Dubert.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I bought a queen size last year and when I got it home it was 8" shorter than my old one. Measure it to be sure its a standard size.
Mine looks kinda stupid in a 4 poster bed but it is comfortable. Fortunately we are not very tall people.
We complained to the store but they said no refunds or returns so we have to live with it until we upgrade again.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I bought a queen size last year and when I got it home it was 8" shorter than my old one. Measure it to be sure its a standard size.
Mine looks kinda stupid in a 4 poster bed but it is comfortable. Fortunately we are not very tall people.
We complained to the store but they said no refunds or returns so we have to live with it until we upgrade again.
The "California" King/Queen are much longer than standard mattresses. I'm a long human and need a "California" mattress.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I now find myself in the hunt. Queen size as well. I'm not a fan of the 'muebles' stores here in San Pedro. Can anybody recommend a place in Santo Domingo? Quality is more important to me than price point.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Im very happy with mine, bought at Sleep Center (several stores, e.g. Plaza las Américas on Churchill.) they are owned by La Nacional mattress factory (and owners of Homr Gallery). Make mattresses for Simmons.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Speaking of mattresses (and upholstery in general)...

[video=youtube;AVFsmtp5GDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVFsmtp5GDg[/video]

La Nacional not only has the commercial exclusive right of distribution of Simmons mattresses in the DR, but also in Haiti, Puerto Rico; all the English islands, and in Belize.

They also export all their other Dominican made products in those markets too. They quite possibly could be the largest mattress/upholstery company in the Caribbean. They definitely are the oldest in the DR (more than 75 years).

I never thought of this, but Santo Domingo could very well be the center of the furniture/mattress business in the Caribbean; and if it isn't, its probably well on its way.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I now find myself in the hunt. Queen size as well. I'm not a fan of the 'muebles' stores here in San Pedro. Can anybody recommend a place in Santo Domingo? Quality is more important to me than price point.

I bought two mattresses at corripio .....very comfortable and fast delivery

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Was in a Sealy store today in STI, near Hotel los Jardines.

Posturpedic , second from top of line was 99,000 pesos... top line, 112,000, third down 88,000

I'll be shopping USA and mudanza....

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Amazing. A thread about buying a mattress. I've never had a problem finding lots of stores selling them at all qualities and prices even when I was not looking for them.

Perhaps a walk around town?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Amazing. A thread about buying a mattress. I've never had a problem finding lots of stores selling them at all qualities and prices even when I was not looking for them.

That's also what dr1 is for, asking advice for simple stuff. Some people should use dr1 to ask advice for more serious stuff though, like if it's smart to have PN live on your property.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011

There are many threads regarding this here, I chose the most recent. It's an honest question to ask people that claim to know what they're speaking about. I never said there were not MANY stores, I DO have many stores here in San Pedro de Macoris. I'm interested in quality not eight beer crates and a solar panel, for when I want to duck and roll. Thank you.
For those that responded with assistance, I thank you.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I too am looking for a new mattress, queen size and will be checking out places in STI.