Stolen/lost residency card, Applying Online For Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
Can anyone tell me the procedure for replacing it? And can you do it if you still have the cedula, but not your passport?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
All on the website: https://www.migracion.gob.do/Menu/Index/23

Requisitos:

1.-Carta de solicitud de la Certificaci?n Consular, por Perdida de Residencia, dirigida al Director General de Migraci?n indicando que esta certificaci?n se solicita por ser uno de los requisitos establecidos por las misiones consulares para poder determinar la entrada o salida del territorio Dominicano, del solicitante del servicio, indicando el tiempo que le interesa certificar como movimiento de entrada o salida, dependiendo de los requerimientos de cada consulado.

a).- Si la solicitud es realizada por otra persona, en representaci?n del interesado, deber? presentar un poder emitido por el titular de la informaci?n autorizando al apoderado a solicitar ante la Direcci?n General de Migraci?n la certificaci?n que le interesa, (debe especificar la certificaci?n a solicitar), dicho poder debe estar debidamente legalizado y certificado en la procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica. Este poder debe ser realizado en presencia de dos testigos y deber? llevar anexo la copia de las C?dulas de los testigos y del apoderado.

2.- Copia de la C?dula de Identidad personal o cualquier documento de identidad del solicitante.

3.-Pasaporte original del solicitante del servicio y copia de la p?gina del pasaporte donde se encuentran los datos biom?tricos de las personas.

a).- En caso de perdida del pasaporte, el interesado deber? depositar una Certificaci?n de perdida del pasaporte Emitida por la Polic?a Nacional.

*EN TODOS LOS CASOS, LA SOLICITUD DEBE PROVENIR DE LA PROPIA PERSONA .

DEPARTAMENTO DE CERTIFICACIONES

809-508-2555, exts2070, 2072 y 2073

Matilda

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
Thanks. I guess I'll have to call Matilda. This term is quite confusing if it means anything other than just a letter from me to the head of Migracion -- "Carta de solicitud de la Certificaci?n Consular, por Perdida de Residencia"

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
usually, just report it stolen and go to Migracion.

My wife had hers 'lifted' when leaving RD on an expired residency card.
Needed to report it 'stolen' and submit that police report to Migracion.

Not difficult, but a pain

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
All on the website: https://www.migracion.gob.do/Menu/Index/23

Requisitos:

1.-Carta de solicitud de la Certificaci?n Consular, por Perdida de Residencia, dirigida al Director General de Migraci?n indicando que esta certificaci?n se solicita por ser uno de los requisitos establecidos por las misiones consulares para poder determinar la entrada o salida del territorio Dominicano, del solicitante del servicio, indicando el tiempo que le interesa certificar como movimiento de entrada o salida, dependiendo de los requerimientos de cada consulado.

a).- Si la solicitud es realizada por otra persona, en representaci?n del interesado, deber? presentar un poder emitido por el titular de la informaci?n autorizando al apoderado a solicitar ante la Direcci?n General de Migraci?n la certificaci?n que le interesa, (debe especificar la certificaci?n a solicitar), dicho poder debe estar debidamente legalizado y certificado en la procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica. Este poder debe ser realizado en presencia de dos testigos y deber? llevar anexo la copia de las C?dulas de los testigos y del apoderado.

2.- Copia de la C?dula de Identidad personal o cualquier documento de identidad del solicitante.

3.-Pasaporte original del solicitante del servicio y copia de la p?gina del pasaporte donde se encuentran los datos biom?tricos de las personas.

a).- En caso de perdida del pasaporte, el interesado deber? depositar una Certificaci?n de perdida del pasaporte Emitida por la Polic?a Nacional.

*EN TODOS LOS CASOS, LA SOLICITUD DEBE PROVENIR DE LA PROPIA PERSONA .

DEPARTAMENTO DE CERTIFICACIONES

809-508-2555, exts2070, 2072 y 2073

Matilda
I think this procedure is for losing your residence from another country in DR. For example a Dominican with US residence and loses his green card while being here probably needs this certification to show when he entered and/ or left the country to present it to the US consulate.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
To renew a lost residency card it would appear it is one of the services you now can do on line.

Go to the revamped website https://www.migracion.gob.do/ , click Services on the top of the page, under residencies click the 5 th box "aqui" en linea, scroll down next page, click permanencia para extraneros, mover, scroll down to residencies and perdida, and select the right box which should give you this:

Solicitud de carn? de residencia por p?rdida

REQUISITOS DE SOLICITUD DE DUPLICADO DE CARNET DE RESIDENCIA POR P?RDIDA

(Art?culo 44 del Reglamento 631-11de Aplicaci?n de la ley 285-04 sobre Migraci?n,)

1.- Formulario de Solicitud de Duplicado de Carnet por p?rdida, debidamente llenado en letra de molde, la firma y huellas dactilares ser?n tomadas ante un oficial de extranjer?a.

2.- Certificaci?n de p?rdida del carnet de residencia, emitido por la polic?a nacional.

3.- Copia de la carita del pasaporte.

4.- Dos fotograf?as tama?o dos por dos (2x2), sin joyas ni accesorios y con las orejas descubiertas, fondo blanco.

5.- Recibo de pago de la tasa correspondiente a este servicio.

NOTAS: ESTE SERVICIO DEBE DE SER SOLICITADO EXCLUSIVAMENTE POR EL EXTRANJERO INTERESADO O POR REPRESENTACI?N MEDIANTE PODER DEBIDAMENTE LEGALIZADO, (ART?CULO 125 DEL REGLAMENTO 631-11 PARA LA APLICACI?N DE LA LEY 285-04 SOBRE MIGRACI?N).

? EN EL CASO DE ESTAR VENCIDA, DEBE RENOVARLA

Costos de los servicios

Solicitud de carnet por perdida
RD$ 3,500.00

Solicitud del carnet por perdida espa?oles
RD$ 4,500.00

Solicitud de carnet por perdida inversionistas
RD$ 7,000.00

Having to do immigration matters on line is a whole new ball game for most of us, so feedback would be useful

Last edited:

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
Great instructions ju10prd. Now I need to see if the form will submit without the required number and expiration date of the stolen residency card, which unfortunately i do not have. Maybe it is the same as my cedula.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Recently, they expire together - cedula & residency...

yes, use the cedula number....one number for the two, as i remember

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This is the DR!!!!
It will cost you both time,and money!!!

And visits to at least 5different gov. Offices,where they will have no idea what to do!!!
That's why,after 30 years here, I have no "PAPERS"!!!!!!!!!

Cccccccccc ccc

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
It happend to me a couple of months ago.
I went to the police to report it stolen and with the paper I got from them I went to migration.
They only need that paper, you have to pay something (5000 pesos if I remember it good) and you get it right away.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
usually, just report it stolen and go to Migracion.

My wife had hers 'lifted' when leaving RD on an expired residency card.
Needed to report it 'stolen' and submit that police report to Migracion.

Not difficult, but a pain

Here's a good example of RD efficiency.

In the case above, my wife's card was confiscated by Migracion - expired.

We duly reported and got the replacement at Migracion.

The confiscated card was in her file.
It had been confiscated and returned to SD.

It made me wonder why we needed the police report.
In fact, the renewal was in process and my wife had left during the 'waiting period'
so we only the old card to trade for the new one.

Keystone Kops.

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
Should be easy once I get the police report, but the police need an escribano to prepare one, and so far the PN in Cabarete don't have an escribano.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I paid Nagua 500 pesos to write ours.

On a Walter Winchell typewriter..... bang, bang, bang the keys
one finger at a time.... with carbon paper

Like 1950.... en serio

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
It happend to me a couple of months ago.
I went to the police to report it stolen and with the paper I got from them I went to migration.
They only need that paper, you have to pay something (5000 pesos if I remember it good) and you get it right away.

Thats correct! My wife had her expired resedencia confiscated at the airport a couple years ago on entry. It was cheaper to report it stolen and the first thing to do it file a police report. Go figure! Respectfully

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
I finally succeeded in submitting my online application for the replacement residency card following the instructions above. PLEASE NOTE and this may apply to applications online for anything from Immigration: there are no upload instructions regarding file format, and I wasted a lot of time trying to upload in .pdf format. It turns out that all documents to be uploaded must be in .jpg format and you need to keep the file size small. The general phone number for Immigration has not worked all week, so you can forget trying to get an explanation by phone.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I paid Nagua 500 pesos to write ours.

On a Walter Winchell typewriter..... bang, bang, bang the keys
one finger at a time.... with carbon paper

Like 1950.... en serio

I "USED" to wonder why they use manual type writers, when electric/computers are so cheap?????

They need electricity to work, that's WHY!!!!!!!!!

"No Hay LUZ"!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I finally succeeded in submitting my online application for the replacement residency card following the instructions above. PLEASE NOTE and this may apply to applications online for anything from Immigration: there are no upload instructions regarding file format, and I wasted a lot of time trying to upload in .pdf format. It turns out that all documents to be uploaded must be in .jpg format and you need to keep the file size small. The general phone number for Immigration has not worked all week, so you can forget trying to get an explanation by phone.

Glad you were able to do it. I'm going to edit the thread title to include "applying online" so it will be easier to search for in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.