College Football & UFC

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Which bar on Saturday evening will have both the USC vs Alabama football (the real kind with pads) game and UFC fight night too (no pads)?
Any Gringo sports junkies know.

No offense to you soccer fans but seriously it's so boooring.....:eek:gre:, yeah I know I just don't understand the game.
120 minutes and it's 0-0 and it's decided by a shootout in 8 minutes.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Which bar on Saturday evening will have both the USC vs Alabama football (the real kind with pads) game and UFC fight night too (no pads)?

No offense to you soccer fans but seriously it's so boooring.....:eek:gre:, yeah I know I just don't understand the game.

What town? Santo Domingo or Santiago BetChris (old 5 star),

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006

I don't even like the NCAAs "solution" to a tie. I don't understand the mentality of, "OK, we were even through regulation, so now let's play a different game until it ends decisively." What's so great about a game if after three hours you have to change the rules to kill it quickly.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I don't even like the NCAAs "solution" to a tie. I don't understand the mentality of, "OK, we were even through regulation, so now let's play a different game until it ends decisively." What's so great about a game if after three hours you have to change the rules to kill it quickly.

Well at least if a college football game ends in a tie there was almost always something (scoring) that occurred in the regular time instead of kicks into an opponent's legs or 15 feet wide of goal.
I'm sorry for soccer fans that they were raised without being able to use their prehensile abilities or be able to make solid contact without having some wanker flop around like he'd been murdered (Spain & Italy most guilty)
At least the Brits invented Rugby to break the boredom from a soccer match.

Yes I'm biased but really the comparison to watching college football versus soccer - is like watching Pamela Anderson jog on the beach in Baywatch versus Tiny Tim sing "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for the 30th time.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Well at least if a college football game ends in a tie there was almost always something (scoring) that occurred in the regular time instead of kicks into an opponent's legs or 15 feet wide of goal.
I'm sorry for soccer fans that they were raised without being able to use their prehensile abilities or be able to make solid contact without having some wanker flop around like he'd been murdered (Spain & Italy most guilty)
At least the Brits invented Rugby to break the boredom from a soccer match.

Yes I'm biased but really the comparison to watching college football versus soccer - is like watching Pamela Anderson jog on the beach in Baywatch versus Tiny Tim sing "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for the 30th time.
Don't you think it has a lot to do with the culture in which you were raised?

While I agree that American football is more exciting than soccer, many who were raised playing soccer in the back yard may not agree. But I played American football, so have a different appreciation of the game.

I wouldn't watch soccer unless there was a specific reason (good friend watching, etc.), but clearly many are as passionate about soccer as 'Murican Neanderthals are about football.

Except southerners. Nothing exceeds their passion for football. And then Alabama fans are a subspecies of exceptional rabid insane fanatical spiritualism toward Touchdown Jesus and His Holy Father, Bear Bryant.

I used to not watch hockey, but became a bandwagon fan of the Lightning when they went to the Stanley Cup. Now I almost understand the rules and truly enjoy watching---as long as I have a team to root for and the refs aren't blind f@c&$^#ng bast$)^@#!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I caught the Notre Dame vs Texas game last night and was able to stay awake through double overtime.
I challenge anyone to name a soccer game that even came close to the excitement of even just one quarter of that game.
It was awesome and Texas is back finally.